• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX 2.0 better bring their A GAME

What? How is a $100K sports sedan is related to the NSX??? Put the GTR engine in a mid engine chassis like the Emerge and we'll talk about a real game.

^ Agreed.

Like I said 2 different classes of cars. And I was just looking at it from a performance stand point, heck there are station wagons and this family sedan that already have more "projected" performance. I'm just sayin I hope Honda is paying attention to the rest of the world, flame suit on.Lol

The NSX is targeting the 458, 911, GTR performance range. If those are not high enough goals, then I don't know what to tell ya.

Calling the Eau Rouge a pimped out Altima tells me how little you know and appreciate cars.

A hundred grand for a pimped up Altima! I don't really care if Vettel drove a couple around a track for photos.

Altima front wheel drive.
Eau Rouge rear wheel drive.
How can you compare the Eau Rouge to a front wheel drive Altima?

If you want to make a simple argument about "projected performance". The NSX is shaping up to be either a low 11 second car if not 10 second car with SH-AWD and has been seen outpacing a 458 on the track with very stable suspension. The ER is projected as a 12 second car. That's more like baseline R8/M4/RCF territory.

Many people also forget that the motor is twin turbo - from Honda. They genuinely build better motors than Nissan. We'll probably see an increase in hp every few years as they fine tune the NSX, since that is the current trend of high performance Turbo cars. Even the 458 is going to turbo too. My only hope is that it revs atleast 8,000 rpm if not higher. That would be the "Honda" touch.

Thanks for the nice comments. You guys ever have a sense of humor? This is a Nsx forum right? Didn't realize I stumbled onto the Datsun forum. Guess my knowledge of computers is much the same as cars.

Last edited:
Whoaaa whow whoaa... Guys calm down. I am not comparing this car or any car to the NSX yet. As of now all we have is assumptions, todays standards 300hp is average car, 400 entry level sports cars, 500 average corvette, there are 550hp station wagons and 500 hp SUV, today's cars have amazing performance. I am a proud owner of a 01 nsx, but at the same time I respect all cars that go fast.

todays standards 300hp is average car, 400 entry level sports cars, 500 average corvette, there are 550hp station wagons and 500 hp SUV, today's cars have amazing performance.
Are we living on the same planet ? I am not sure in which fantasy land you are, but it looks good to me :)
For mention some of the fastest cars around like Lotus Elise, Mazda Miata, etc. are quite under 300hp. I wouldnt dare race an Elise on a track. And how about Ariel Atom, and other single seaters...
On my planet, average car is 90-100hp and station wagons barely above that, and that's what 90% of the population drives daily. Almost all the Porsche and Audis i see around are in the 250hp range and these are already reserved to the 1%.

Last edited:
I live in fantasy called America, I am sorry but I do not have the pleasure of living on a race track lol, Ariel Atom do u drive that to work? To be totally honest I will be luckyif u see a track day oonce a year. I am aware an experienced driver will out drive me in a 200hp miata, but again I don't care I rarely see the track. 300 hp??? V6 accord, maxima , sti, mdx, TL, v6 camero, V6 mustang, 350z, g37, saturn vue, ... Pretty much any V6 now........ Shall I name more. 400hp entry level sports. V8 mustang, v8 camero, base model corvette, isf, m3, Audi rS4, I'm sure I'm forgetting more... But I think u get the point.

The price of regular gas in New York is about .7 euros per litre compared to the price of 95 RON in France at about 1.50 euros per litre.
Or the price of gas in France is equivalent to $7.36 per gallon USD
If the USA had European gas prices you might see more fuel efficient cars in America.

I live in fantasy called America, I am sorry but I do not have the pleasure of living on a race track lol, Ariel Atom do u drive that to work? To be totally honest I will be luckyif u see a track day oonce a year. I am aware an experienced driver will out drive me in a 200hp miata, but again I don't care I rarely see the track. 300 hp??? V6 accord, maxima , sti, mdx, TL, v6 camero, V6 mustang, 350z, g37, saturn vue, ... Pretty much any V6 now........ Shall I name more. 400hp entry level sports. V8 mustang, v8 camero, base model corvette, isf, m3, Audi rS4, I'm sure I'm forgetting more... But I think u get the point.

Sadly tho, none of those cars are special and 95% of them are very inefficient with their horsepower. Largely because they weigh too much or can't deliver the power properly. The 370 hp Taurus SHO is a prime example.

A 240 hp MR2 turbo has been seen running mid 13s on the 1/4 mile back in the 90s. The Taurus has 130+ more hp and is slower on the 1/4 mile. Think about that. It's not all about horsepower.

I live in fantasy called America
I was expecting that answer, thank you for being predictable ;)
Others have already pointed out: yes we do have trucks too but here they are used to haul stuff, not as private transportation. And no, i wouldnt compare a proper sports car (e.g.: Lotus Elise) to one of these huge 4WD trucks you guys seem to drive everywhere including in cities. The Elise will run rounds around those truck, then lap them and make a figure eight doing so because it's so light. And yes the Atom is road legal, i've seen similar cars on the road in Geneva.
So, no, and your V6 examples are usually a tad under 300hp unless turbo, most Audis i see are base models certainly not RS, most Accords are 4L, etc. Your examples are the 1% rich guys everywhere. Same here and i live around Geneva where you'll find a huge concentration of expensive supercars. So, no, the average car is not 300hp, by far. And no, USA is not the world market...
BTW in Europe we do have a handful of small, agile cars that will outlap a lot of more powerful, but heavier cars. Granted we do have a lot of twisty roads as well.

again I don't care I rarely see the track.
Oh wait. Then why does it matter at all to you then ? Get a good looking car, comfortable, the end. Why do you care about performance ? (and thinking mistakenly that it's only related to horsepower)
If you are going to reply: drag strip, then Honda is certainly not where you should be looking at. (or Lotus, or Mazda). Honda has never been about straight line performance.

@JD Cross: make that 1.7 euro per litre :(

Lol so I guess everyone that buys a Ferrari, Lamborghini, R8, Corvette, Viper, Bugatti, NSX for that matter is a certified racing driver? As soon as these owners buys their car they head straight to the track? Look all I'm saying is the cars mentioned have great performance for what they are made for, their own "Segments", "class", or whatever you call it. I'll be the first one to admit I am not the greatest driver, I did not but my nsx to run straight to a race track and pretend I am Ayrton Senna far from that. I respect cars for what they are. I love my nsx and admire it for it's beauty and nature. But track use I guess ill leave that to you and the pros.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe it's the title that got everyone razzeld?

Last edited:
Back