• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Child Restraint Anchor for 2002 NSX?

Hi there,

Is the Child Restraint Anchor required for a 2002 NSX for the federal inspection upon importation into Canada? Can this part be ordered from a dealer (such as Burrard Acura) ?

Cheers and thanks in advance!

[h=2]82410-SE3-C01[/h]
I believe thats the number, but i would have no clue where you would connect it

- - - Updated - - -

I believe "lostbuckeye" currently owns a car with that installed. Maybe he can chime in

anchor.jpg Looking through an owners manual I see this is the recommended anchor for the NSX. I see it is the same as the ones used in Civic and Accord. Should be available at any dealer or auto wrecker. I have a couple laying around so if you need one for a safety pm me and I will pop one in the mail to you as I am just up the road in Vernon.
peter

The tether is an optional piece that has to be purchased from the dealer and as such is not part of the mandatory safety equipment that would be part of the RIV (federal) requirements. Your provincial legislation may set separate requirements. If you are planning on using a child seat that requires the tether, then there may be a separate provincial regulatory requirement with respect to the use of the child seat that you have to comply with. My US spec model year 2000 went through the RIV process and the Saskatchewan provincial safety inspection and does not have the tether installed. My recollection also is that on the T you have to jab a hole in the back panel to mount to tether. I have no such hole so there never has been a tether mounted in the car.

Last edited:
Part numbers: 82410-S84-C10 (About~10 USD) for hardware & 82419-S84-C00 (~7 USD) for the cover. Honestly I question the use of it because the Air bag cannot be turned off on the passenger side on '95+ cars. Air bag could possibly do a fair amount for damage to a front facing child seat in the event of a crash. I had an anchor from another Acura used just to show I had it for RIV inspection.

The tether is an optional piece that has to be purchased from the dealer and as such is not part of the mandatory safety equipment that would be part of the RIV (federal) requirements. Your provincial legislation may set separate requirements. If you are planning on using a child seat that requires the tether, then there may be a separate provincial regulatory requirement with respect to the use of the child seat that you have to comply with. My US spec model year 2000 went through the RIV process and the Saskatchewan provincial safety inspection and does not have the tether installed. My recollection also is that on the T you have to jab a hole in the back panel to mount to tether. I have no such hole so there never has been a tether mounted in the car.
Completely correct. No requirement to have the piece present or installed. I'm in Ontario and my 03 got registered without it. I do however want to install a child seat in my NSX... I don't want to punch any holes but it seems there's no other way.

Completely correct. No requirement to have the piece present or installed. I'm in Ontario and my 03 got registered without it. I do however want to install a child seat in my NSX... I don't want to punch any holes but it seems there's no other way.

My child seat had two options with how to install it in the car:

1) With the latch and seat belt style mounts in the seats (not present in my '91)
2) run the seat belt through the back of the car seat, lock and tighten it.

I choose #2 , and if you lock the belt and move the seat forward enough, it becomes just as tight and firmly installed as in any other car.

1) With the latch and seat belt style mounts in the seats (not present in my '91)

I choose #2 , and if you lock the belt and move the seat forward enough, it becomes just as tight and firmly installed as in any other car.
Thx dude!!

Not sure I would do that in a car with a passenger side air bag.

Back