• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

shock swap?

Can any members advise me whether bare 2005 shocks (f & r) will swap into my 1994 AT NSX? The part numbers are different, per Acura, but will they work? Does it matter if the newer ones are from a 6 spd.?
Thanks

Your car might ride a bit higher (since it is lighter and the newer springs are stiffer) but they will fit and work fine.

Last edited:
Your car might ride a bit higher (since it is lighter and the newer shocks are stiffer) but they will fit and work fine.

Ride height is not determined by the shocks.
Springs set the ride height.
Shocks set the compression and rebound damping..
Are you swapping shocks only or shocks and oem springs?

ah yes - I assumed he was doing both but you are correct, shocks only wouldn't affect it.

Ride height CAN be set by the shocks if the perch that holds the spring is mounted higher or lower than the original positioning on the original shock.
An example of this is the Bilstein shock with the adjustable perch.
Sr7NBAbyDX7e.jpg

I have never had the OEM 1991-1994 struts next to any NSX-T struts so I can't tell you the OEM perch mounting position differences, but I have read that those running newer struts from the NSX-T on coupes, the car tends to ride slightly higher. I would love to see a side by side of the shocks/struts, however.

................is a new bravo cable show.............

Ride height CAN be set by the shocks if the perch that holds the spring is mounted higher or lower than the original position
I have never had the OEM 1991-1994 struts next to any NSX-T struts so I can't tell you the OEM perch mounting position differences, but I have read that those running newer struts from the NSX-T on coupes, the car tends to ride slightly higher.

I have 98 -T shocks on my 91 with Tein S-Tech springs. The car is lowered by the shorter Tein springs.
Otherwise I don't notice any change to the rate of damping but the springs are firmer.

Back