• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Porsche Owner Club Time Trial event in my NSX @ Laguna Seca

This event was last year at Laguna Seca. I'm still very impressed on how quick a stockish NSX still is compared to modern Porsches. I ended up being 3rd quickest for the weekend behind a GT3 on Hossiers and a GT3RS. However, even though I don't foresee ever selling my NSX, I do want a GT3RS in Signal Green one day though…

Thanks for the vid. Great smooth driving not to mention hauling ass. Would love to drive like this one day :)

Last edited:
BAD ASS! Great session. awesome battle with the GT3. I'm figuring out an exhaust to run at Laguna or building a special one to put on the 86 build for just such track days.

I'm running Brembo Gran Turismo BBK on front with PFC01 pads. Stock rear brakes with Carbotech XP8 or XP10 pads. This setup works great. I'm also running the '91 5 speed with Type R gears and lower final drive.

Very nice!

- what brakes?

- six-speed, right?

- - - Updated - - -

BAD ASS! Great session. awesome battle with the GT3. I'm figuring out an exhaust to run at Laguna or building a special one to put on the 86 build for just such track days.

Thanks Will! Get your exhaust fixed soon so we can do Laguna. Such a fun track… I have it dialed unlike Buttonwillow. I'll give you tips on Laguna in exchange for some of your Buttonwillow tips. Ha.

This event was last year at Laguna Seca. I'm still very impressed on how quick a stockish NSX still is compared to modern Porsches. I ended up being 3rd quickest for the weekend behind a GT3 on Hossiers and a GT3RS. However, even though I don't foresee ever selling my NSX, I do want a GT3RS in Signal Green one day though…

Great driving! Your look at minute 8:05 was priceless!

Smooth ryneen! Curious to know what your running for your wheel/tire and suspension setup.

Smooth ryneen! Curious to know what your running for your wheel/tire and suspension setup.

I'm running 235/17 front and 275/17 rear Enkei RPF1's with Nitto NT01 tires. I'm also running Penske double adjustable suspension setup by Erik Messley. All non compliance bits. Zanardi rear bar and Dali front bar on full soft.

You are definitely a better driver than the guy in the GT3 and your NSX is very nicely balanced indeed.
What's the diameter of your front Dali bar?
Well done!

As always, great job Ryan.

I'm still recovering from riding with you last time at Buttonwillow. Man and machine. Thanks again Ryan

+1 on that.

I regret not asking Ryan to take my car for a spin after riding in his. That goes for Will too. Oh well maybe next time.

Back