• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2002 Black/Red OEM+ Build

I'm wondering if the DRL's are built into the 02+ headlight package?
A Canadian 02 owner might chime in here.
The Canadian DRL module on 02-05 cars lights up the high beams at half bright. These are not HID lamps, but standard 9006 halogen. This can also be accomplished by using a DLR after market module, but not as neat or tidy.
The integrated parking lamp is not used for DRLs from the factory on Canadian and European cars for DRLs, however this is an easy aftermarket solution.
Here is how: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...mported-Cars?p=1281960&viewfull=1#post1281960

The Canadian DRL module on 02-05 cars lights up the high beams at half bright. These are not HID lamps, but standard 9006 halogen. This can also be accomplished by using a DLR after market module, but not as neat or tidy.
The integrated parking lamp is not used for DRLs from the factory on Canadian and European cars for DRLs, however this is an easy aftermarket solution.
Here is how: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...mported-Cars?p=1281960&viewfull=1#post1281960

Interesting, the high beams on half brightness must look strange. Maybe the parking light was not deemed bright enough to satisfy the DRL requirements.

Back to the build... took a pic of the pedals that came on the car. Autovation competition series. Floor mats are red Lloyds mats. Good quality although the color isn't a match.

ujagedu2.jpg

Interesting, the high beams on half brightness must look strange. Maybe the parking light was not deemed bright enough to satisfy the DRL requirements.

I can't speak regarding the parking lights, but I think most cars these days use there high beams on "low" for DRLs.

Those mats look like they fit really well. I hate mats that either slide around or overlap the dead pedal etc.

Lucas

Gorgeous car without a doubt. Those LEDs for some reason need to stay on cars that originally came with it imo. The NSX didn't come with it so shouldn't be added on. It just does not go with how classy the rest of your car is.

And just from personal experience, I would highly recommend you stay away from plastic dip. It is just a crappy product regardless of what people say. I have literally laid 10 layers and it still is a bit## to take off most of the times. The overspray will get in cracks etc and becomes a major headache down the road.

Once again, beautiful car!!

white98sh your car looks amazing, my favorite color, favorite model year and the red interior makes a really nice contrast but please remove the DRL LED's, they remind me the new Renault Clio we have in europe, that is the cheapest car you can buy here, the DRL makes it look really bad and you can't even turn them off!
Leave the DRL to Audi's, they have no place on an NSX. That is just my opinion of course

yXMTfr.jpg

Thanks for the feedback guys... I do have 2 Audis with the LED DRLs, maybe that's why I like it on the NSX.Latest mod, a heel plate from Autovation to match the pedals... with this and the DRLs you might think I'm starting to stray from the OEM+ concept.IMG_1800 by bb6typesh, on FlickrWell the car is pretty much in hibernation now so it's time to get cracking on replacing the interior carpets and trim & refreshing the center console. Hopefully I will get the calipers painted gold too.

Not much new to report. Installed the PIAA horns. Didn't bother removing the bupper so they are in the spare tire well. Really loud and exotic sounding!!

thanks! added a pic of the horn locations. I was able to splice into the stock passenger horn and ran both PIAAs in parallel. Plenty loud with the 400hz/500hz set.

c75364dd87dab7bcf3e189f020f9e039.jpg

Well Teej, it always depends on what context you are using the word "filthy". I've found that millennials mean the complete opposite when they use that word, so you would have actually meant that white98sh's car is "filthier" than yours and that you have a lot of work to do before XPO to make yours as "filthy" as his, if not "filthier". Either way you look at it someone is always going to consider our cars "filthy" at some point or another.:wink:

Teej I'm sure your car is cleaner than mine.. Mone's got Pollen and dust galore since I can't put the car cover on (have guppy attack antenna).

Haven't updated my build but future plans include:

-I want to downgrade to 16/17 rims. Open to OEM-like suggestions. Maybe Zanardi style?

-color change is scheduled for next month. It will be something unique. Very excited!

-want to get some more N/A performance . Either ITBs/IM &AEM Infinity with high comp Pistons. If I can get it registered as a collector vehicle (3K Max per year) then no need for OBD2 checks!

-OS GIKEN LSD w/ 4.4 FD is on the list too.

-Honda "H" airbag enroute from Oz. Should complete the EDM/JDM theme.

-NSX-R lower chassis bar on order

-looking to beef up the stock targa brace. Any engineers wanna do a stress analysis? I think adding some reinforcements to the stock bar should do it.

-Targa top preloading. Just like strut bars needs preloading to work, what Bout adding spacers to preload the targa? Should add some rigidity.

-Additional undertray bracing may help with targa flex too.

-Better brakes. looking into adapting Audi TTRS calipers. with custom 2-PC rotors.

Still have to tackle the interior carpets and refurbish the bubbling trim pieces.

Unfortunately no, due to having a toddler I won't be able to make NSXPO for another few years. :(

Hopefully by then the N/A build will be at least well under way though! Having second thoughts about the OS Giken LSD. Reports of low speed noise... may go with the NSX-R LSD/FD.

Unfortunately no, due to having a toddler I won't be able to make NSXPO for another few years. :(

Hopefully by then the N/A build will be at least well under way though! Having second thoughts about the OS Giken LSD. Reports of low speed noise... may go with the NSX-R LSD/FD.

That's a good decision. I was going to do the same when I was considering the 4.4, it is just too aggressive for street use and durability so the 4.23 was the right compromise. You're still making the wrong decision with the NA build though :biggrin:

Thanks for the info on the LSD, I'm not trying to make a Type R clone but it should be a nice mod. I'm of the mind the NSX should remain N/A. Although ITBs and a tune should sound amazing.

I have a quick turbo car with all the modern tech, AWD, DSG, so IMO the analog NSX is special.

Last edited:
The other day I was caught in the rain and had no wipers (PO had removed them). No problem, I had them in a box and 2 minutes later they were installed. That's when I tried the washers and found the fluid leaking out from under the car. Uh oh... there were no lines running to the nozzles. Luckily I got the exact lines I needed on ebay and figured out how to connect everything together. Just waiting on the hose clips to arrive, currently have gaffers tape holding the lines in place.
HZs3bD.jpg

While I was under the front cowl, I decided to do some cleaning under there. Then I saw the air blower and remembered SOS selling a HEPA air filter unit. Yup I checked and it was $650 and very pimp in the CF version at $800.
epp-1441.jpg

I'm not rolling in that kind of dough so I did a homemade version. I'm sure it's nowhere near as good as the DF one but it's easy enough to remove without any damage.

Step 1: Undo the rubber molding along the front of the cowl

Step 2: Measure the opening to the cabin air inlet (4 x 6")
Iw3vL4.jpg

Step 3: Take a home furnace filter, I had this one:
8c6d8b2d-64ed-4851-ac31-d716b8c717e1_1000.jpg

Step 3: Cut it down to size and remove the cardboard. Flatten out the pleats. I added 2" in each dimension for wrapping it.
LdApBP.jpg

Step 4: Wrap it on the duct, wire side down. Fold the edges around the corners neatly. I had some silicone tape which adheres to itself so I used that. But gaffers tape or duct tape would be fine too.
odBl4F.jpg

Step 5: Button it up and enjoy the cleaner air! If you drive in the rain make sure to check on it often to see that's it's still in good shape, these filters were not meant to get wet. Although there aren't any holes anove that area, water could still get in some the sides of the cowl.
jnCUlO.jpg

One day when I make the big bucks I'll buy the DF one. The huge filter size, pleats and depth makes it far superior to my simple hack. But hey, it's better than no filter at all!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, also got my NSX-R lower chassis brace from SOS. I think my car is too low cause it's hitting the swaybar. So I had to order their spacer kit too.

Not gonna go with the front bar, don't want to cut into the radiator shroud. (and the install looks like a major PITA)

The cat's outta the bag! Might have to rename the title of this thread "Deep Sea Blue Pearl/Red Build!"

More details to come...

11428016_968178669867420_2642248041311071538_n.jpg11390303_968178949867392_6722170255267908565_n.jpg<script async="" defer="" src="//platform.instagram.com/en_US/embeds.js"></script>

Last edited:
Love your TE37's but I'm not going too sporty with the theme. Never found a set of wheels that looks more elegant than the 02+ IMO.

Back