• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I found this listing and wondered if any one knew anything about this car.

I found this on Cars.com:
http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...0110/overview/
It's a 91 BB, 48k miles good condition for $27k
It is probably too good to be true, but I was able to get a hold of the owner and he said he was the third owner.

Doing a reverse google search of the images in the listing makes it look like they were original and not lifted from some other ad. A google search for the VIN leads me here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showth...NA1152MT002998

This seams on the legit side, but I am 1200 miles from the car so I would have to fly out there.

Is any one familiar with this vehicle? Thanks.

Man that looks too good...Someone needs to snatch that sucker up before the owner looks at asking prices on ebay, auto trader or the market place on Prime and asks for mo' money.

Nope! It's mine, I called it!

Actually, I don't know. Surprised that it is still for sale. This does seem fishy, but i'm not sure why.

I am in an odd spot with this here because I could easily buy it, I just don't have a place to put it. I don't have a garage yet, so I would have to drive it up to MI to store it with my parents and drive it down to TX when I get a place for it.

HHHHGGGGGGGNNNNNN.... first world problems right...

Don't know what it means but it looks like title was in the name of Farmer's Insurance in 2008.

Original Title Date: 11/12/2008
Title Number: 29723039762150519
Name: FARMERS TEXAS COUNTY MUTUAL
Interest: OWNER
Title Transaction Date: 11/12/2008
Mailing Address: 10475 SOMERSET RD
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78211-4803
County: BEXAR
Name: INSURANCE 1608
Interest: OWNER
Title Transaction Date: 11/12/2008
Mailing Address: 10475 SOMERSET RD
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78211-4803
County: BEXAR

Dealt with this seller personally a few months back. Not a pleasant person to deal with, let alone try and negotiate with. Not only does this car fall within the snap ring range, which has not be updated with the new case, it is also the original timing belt, waterpump, hoses and other maintenance items long overdue for replacement. The car is a 50 footer, and needs some TLC. Worn items have been ignored (hatch and engine struts etc.). And aside from that, it was previously in a wreck and has goofy title issues.

7yzupyve.jpg

3ynamu9y.jpg

eharyqaz.jpg

I would be weary doing business with the seller, as none of these items I have listed were disclosed over the phone, and when I went to go talk with him about it, he got all defensive when I showed him that the transmission snap ring was needing to be addressed before he could even hope to get his then asking price of no lower than $30,000.00. After the inspection of the front end revealed a previous wreck, he basically told me to get off his property. Keep in mind this was all done with the car on the ground. He was reluctant to bring it to my shop to do an on lift PPi.

I would say $20k for this car tops. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Back