• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KW V3 suspension rubbing issue

installed Kw V3's and they are rubbing my AC condenser fender liner on both sides, when turning over uneven surfaces not full lock (i removed the regular fender liner). 4" height from the front jack point to the ground. my tires are 215 40 17 and 8" inch wide wheel. what is the magic height setting? how many clicks to increase stiffen?

thanks

Last edited:
Reinstall your fender liners or you'll get reverse rock dings in your fenders

For the compression and rebound I forget but I believe the top screw is 3 clicks from full stiff front and 4 clicks full stiff rear.

The bottom thing is 3 front 5 rear? Maybe coz can chime in.

Reinstall your fender liners or you'll get reverse rock dings in your fenders

For the compression and rebound I forget but I believe the top screw is 3 clicks from full stiff front and 4 clicks full stiff rear.

The bottom thing is 3 front 5 rear? Maybe coz can chime in.

what about the height adjustment mines about 4" front jack point, anyone has Kw v3 that do not rub can you measure your front jack point height ? i do not need it to look good just do not want to rub

Last edited:
Both sides rubbing? What offset and tires do you have.

something other than the tire is wrong if it is a 215/40.

Ok so my car setup is very similar with an offset of 40, 4" from bottom of front jack point with Z2's and I have zero rubbing the only time i hit the condenser shrouds was when i tried 225's up front. Sounds like something else is the issue

it's the 8" wheel offset

I mean rubbing vs rubbing and damaging things are two completely different monsters.

He stated he removed the fender liner. With that offset and wheel width you shouldn't remove the fender liner.

Those wheels, tires, and offsets are proven to work fine, at a TRUE 4 inch jacking point in the front you should be fine unless the compression "not the rebound now that I think about it" is on the softest setting.

Maybe the alignment has something to do with it, I don't know, but regardless Gee when you adjust the settings take your time. It's not like the settings "click" or settle in a lot when you're messing with the adjustments, or at least the bottom one doesn't. You'll need to do the clicks by feel and sometimes it's hard. I found myself double checking a bunch of times.

Do NOT set compression at full stiff. Always be 1 click off full stiff (clockwise). Id recommend 2-5 from full stiff depending on your setup.

Again, damper settings won't really have any effect on rubbing issues.

What's your alignment setting at and take pics of where its rubbing.

check to see that your fan shrouds are not loose and are too far back.

I got some picture of my current setup with the fender on and off from earlier this week. This is Passenger side. At 9 o clock the tire rubs when Cornering over uneven surfaces full lock or not.
2414EC05-DC6D-46C7-AA93-86A4A73B04F8-70008-00007ABD0578EE9E_zpsdf4eb697.jpg

5C6167D3-FB35-4DDC-B821-F708347D35DD-70008-00007ABD20FA00E7_zps07505434.jpg

update i set the compression 2 clicks from full stiff and rebound 3 clicks from full stiff it still rub a little bit on both sides. i have not got a chance to set the height yet. i believe once i get the height setup its good to go

it is on both sides no accident. my suspension still rubs a little after raising up to stock height. i think it must be my fender liners are loose oh well

Last edited:
How do you know how many clicks from full stiff these are? I just received my KV V3 suspension today, and there seems to be no way to tell what the starting point is on the adjustment that is on top of the shock where you insert the small adjustment knob. It shows 5 settings, but you can spin it a seemingly infinite amount of times in either direction...so I have no idea where the starting and end points are.

To adjust a KW V3

At each point where you are going to adjust, first turn screw/knob fully clockwise until it stops -

Then back off counting clicks [ there are 18 total]

KW V3 factory settings are:

Front rebound [top of shock] 9 clicks back from full tight
Front Compression [ bottom of shock ] 3 click back from full tight

Rear rebound [top] 7 clicks back from full tight
Rear Compression [bottom] 6 clicks back from full tight.

From the top or bottom full tight is turning the screw/knob clock-wise as though you are closing a jar or soda bottle.

Sometimes you can get disoriented, setting compression, because you are often on your back reaching up under the car from one direction or another.

Always repeat entire procedure when trying new settings -- all the way tight, then back off.

Last edited:
To adjust a KW V3

At each point where you are going to adjust, first turn screw/knob fully clockwise until it stops -

Then back off counting clicks [ there are 18 total]

KW V3 factory settings are:

Front rebound [top of shock] 9 clicks back from full tight
Front Compression [ bottom of shock ] 3 click back from full tight

Rear rebound [top] 7 clicks back from full tight
Rear Compression [bottom] 6 clicks back from full tight.

From the top or bottom full tight is turning the screw/knob clock-wise as though you are closing a jar or soda bottle.

Sometimes you can get disoriented, setting compression, because you are often on your back reaching up under the car from one direction or another.

Always repeat entire procedure when trying new settings -- all the way tight, then back off.

hey sliver we met at the river run earlier this year i'm the short asian lol. anyways to bad you couldn't make the expo track days were ok, but TRC was a blast.

I secretly envy short Asian guys because you don't have to take out the seat cushion for track days.

Back