• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WannagoFast Event in Ocala Jan 24-25 1/2 mile races

I enjoyed my 2runs.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QST9E9teCN8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Much like Oki-Boy, here are my races

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5Ifduhz2OkA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice, guys! Todd how come you changed at 7k into 3rd? You find you get better speed that way?

Not sure I would want to be doing 150mph in a GTO....

- - - Updated - - -

What tires are you running?

Stock 5 speed with 1995 gears as far as I know.

I just reviewed some older dash cam videos and it's clear the speedo is reading low across the whole range. I've see in prior vids that I'm shifting at about 42 and 75 where in this video I'm shifting at about 39 and 66 indicated. I first noticed my GPS a couple months ago nagging me about speeding at 80 when the speedo said less than 75.

I'll get it to my mechanic and let him check it out. Hopefully it's not a $1,000 bill to repair.

Dunlop Direzza DZ101. Stock size on the rear, slightly smaller on the front.

My mechanic says there's an adjustment on the back of the speedo. He seemed confident he could fix it.

Just out of interest, what sizes though?

I shifted too early and should have been on better rubber.
I wasn't sure where to stop on 1st run and braked a little early.
I'll be putting back gurney flap and getting some track tires for sept.
Hopefully this will put me above my best of 150mph.

Back