• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02 with 70,000 miles installed Bilsteins

I just picked up the car from Larry B, I had to call him on the drive home. The ride is incredible, overtime the degradation in the ride is noticeable, and replacing the shocks, makes you fall in love all over again. I had the stocks put on the lower perch, just a slight drop. I take the car tomorrow to be aligned, I was driving at 80 mph, and it felt great. It's not just the mileage, it's time. Do it, you won't regret it!

I too have an '02, but with 87k miles. I've been mulling over replacing my shocks with the Bilsteins. I'd also like to get Zanardi springs. Thanks for the input. I think I'll have this done in the near future.

I too have an '02, but with 87k miles. I've been mulling over replacing my shocks with the Bilsteins. I'd also like to get Zanardi springs. Thanks for the input. I think I'll have this done in the near future.
According to our venerable NSXCA President, the OEM springs are quite good. If you're tracking the car, the Zanardi springs might be a good upgrade, but I'm real pleased just the way it is, lower perch fills the gap a little, and still able to negotiate the front lip.

I think for amount you pay Bilsteins is the best suspension option for NSX.

Agree. Bilsteins are the absolute best "plug and play" upgrade option and work well on the track. Honda no longer sells the 91-94 coupe suspension, so if you are interested in replacing those tired old shocks in your NSX, you either must buy new NSX-T shocks, which are valved differently than the coupe, Konis or Bilstein. I had the Konis on my NSX and hated them- way too stiff for a street car even on the softest rebound settings. I think a really trick setup would be to get the Bilsteins and powdercoat the OEM springs the same powder blue color as the dampers. :D

i was considering bilsteins,but my car is getting a mechanical refresh from ben at daisy auto (who is great to work with and very knowledgeable) and he suggested and found some zanardi shocks.he had experience with them,and rec'd them highly,and i am looking forward to having them on my car.otherwise i would have gone with bilsteins.

i was considering bilsteins,but my car is getting a mechanical refresh from ben at daisy auto (who is great to work with and very knowledgeable) and he suggested and found some zanardi shocks.he had experience with them,and rec'd them highly,and i am looking forward to having them on my car.otherwise i would have gone with bilsteins.
From others threads I've read on Prime, the Bilstein & Zanardi dampers are pretty close. The Bilsteins have a Lifetime warranty which is nice. FWIW you can still order the Zanardi dampers & springs here. It appears to me the OEM NSX springs are linear not progressive which is better for performance.

http://www.oemacuraparts.com/auto-p...-engine/chassis-cat/front-shock-absorber-scat

http://www.oemacuraparts.com/auto-p...l-engine/chassis-cat/rear-shock-absorber-scat

Last edited:
helpful info,thanks.i probably won't wear any shocks out at the rate i'm going,but when i get the car back,i intend to drive it more.

I just did my best to flog my NSX on the Patriot course at VIR...I think I need the Bilsteins.
Part # please and best cost/vendor...Thanks!
Tom

Last edited:
Thanks...good price!
Can somebody confirm the part #s as THE shocks?
Mono-Tube Gas Front: 24-016636
Mono-Tube Gas Rear: 24-016650

http://www.shockwarehouse.com/

They have the Bilstein's for the NSX (same part numbers as you listed) and a coupon shock55. Not sure how long it lasts. Gets the price down to $604.96 shipped.

Last edited:
Shockwarehouse.com has a 10% off good today only. Makes the Bilsteins $573.12 shipped! Code is RT7B-G5C.

Has anyone had to have their Bilstein's warrantied? From what I've read, you have to take/send them back to wherever they were purchased. The problem I have is, that they were on the car when I purchase them. I don't know if I should just order another pair (front) or even worry about getting them warrantied.

Has anyone had to have their Bilstein's warrantied? From what I've read, you have to take/send them back to wherever they were purchased. The problem I have is, that they were on the car when I purchase them. I don't know if I should just order another pair (front) or even worry about getting them warrantied.
I have had warranty service on Bilstein shocks. You do NOT have to take them back to the place they were purchased. However, you have to show a receipt for your purchase. And the warranty is only for the original purchaser of the shocks, so you may be out of luck... this time around. Buy a new set and keep the receipt, and you'll be covered if they ever need replacement.

Mine leaked next day I installed it. Rear right if I remember right. Sent it back to tirerack.com and got replacement next day. But nsxtasy is correct Bilstein honors warranty for original buyer.

*After discovering new canyon around the BayArea (tight, bumpy with many elevation changes) I'm still amazed how good these shocks on oem springs are.

Mine leaked next day I installed it. Rear right if I remember right. Sent it back to tirerack.com and got replacement next day. But nsxtasy is correct Bilstein honors warranty for original buyer.

*After discovering new canyon around the BayArea (tight, bumpy with many elevation changes) I'm still amazed how good these shocks on oem springs are.
Shockwarehouse has the Bilsteins on sale for 10% off till Dec. 31. Use code 2014. Brings the total price to $573.12 shipping is free.

Last edited:
Zanardi shock/spring package NLA from Acura. I checked with Tim last Thursday. I am looking to drop the car slightly due to a new set of Volk CE28Ns due in Feb. Going with the Kumhos Nsxasty recommends. Are Bilsteins on the lower perch stock springs my best option? Other option is a used Zanardi shock/spring setup. Thoughts?

Back