• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Window upgrade KITS

Many of you have asked, so here is a summary of the window kits: for the past 4 year, I have developped a solution to fix of the most commun and annoying flaws of our NSX: the slow windows!
For those who are new and have missed my thread, you can read here how it all began: here , and then the beginning of the kit production here

The window kit is now composed by 3 differente parts: the sleeve to rebuild the worn plastic axle inside the regulator motor, the pulley to reduce friction from the cable, and now the Teflon parts to reduce the friction from the guides.

windowkitpicture2.jpg

Here is a picture of the window kit: what you see is what you get - except the blonde :biggrin:

windowkitpicture.jpg

Pulley parts are made of stainless steel so it won't rust with rain water, guides are made of Teflon, all are plug & play except the sleeve.

...and of course the famous instruction video of a 5 years old child installing the kit :)

Price is 200$ for the complete kit. It fixes both driver and passenger window, shipment and paypal fees are included.
You'll get a 5-day priority mail Tracking Number to follow your package

To place your order, send me a PM or simply send your payment to my paypal address:

[email protected]

As soon as I am out of stock I will annonce it here

Thank you all for your interest!
Hugo

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hi guys
Window kits are still available and ready for immediate shipping
I Intend to do a "regulator tour" again this summer, fixing nsx windows on a coast-to-coast roadtrip holiday
Just PM me to start scheduling the regulator install parties :)
Hugo

interested in the coast to coast window fix

Hi guys
Window kits are still available and ready for immediate shipping
I Intend to do a "regulator tour" again this summer, fixing nsx windows on a coast-to-coast roadtrip holiday
Just PM me to start scheduling the regulator install parties :)
Hugo

are you still going to do this,,. i live north of Seattle and am interested in having my windows fixed

are you still going to do this,,. i live north of Seattle and am interested in having my windows fixed

That post was from 2015. Your best bet is to try and message him see if he still has some of his kits left. You would need to repair them yourself following the DIY he posted or have someone do it for you. The kits work really good actually better then new because they reduce resistance on the entire system.

You can get some of the pieces from Science of Speed they sell the aluminum replacement guides and the Teflon window guides that reduce friction and repair some flaws. But The Hugo kit adds a pully at the bottom that is keyed into the window track frame and he uses a metal collar to fix the area the cable eats away at the regulator from use.

If you can’t get the Hugo kit this is the next best thing. Might as well do the door handle pieces while you are in there. I did my car about 10 years ago. The door handle broke and the windows barely worked I had to lift them by had to get them to close. After the Hugo kit they work better then new. I replaced the handles with the aluminum brackets SOS sells and they have worked great ever since.

SOS pieces.
https://www.scienceofspeed.com/index.php/nsx/ipp/interior-accessories.html

Last edited:
So I happen to have one of these window regulator repair kits, brand new, never used, from Hugo. What's this worth? I have no idea...just curious before I make a post to sell mine.

Thanks,
- Zishan

EDIT: Sold for $200

Last edited:
Back