• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wishing the best for Jim Russell

Hey folks,

I've been in touch with [MENTION=7891]CStricker[/MENTION] and he noted that Jim was out sick from Cologne Auto Body for a while.. :(

I called them today to get some work done on the NSX (o2 sensors, spark plugs, roof and bumper repaint), and to my dismay, they told me Jim no longer works there! I knew from the grapevine that he had been on extended leave, but I was hoping he'd be ok and eventually come back. Looks like that won't be happening anymore. :(

I asked if Jim was ok - they mentioned he is ok, but has some health issues. No other details.

I really loved Jim's work (had a clutch installed earlier this year), and Jim was an all around great guy, fun to chat with, and was a truly passionate NSX enthusiast. I'm really sad to see him gone from the shop - I don't know if he surfs this forum or not, but I think I speak for all of us bay area NSX primers when I say we send our best wishes to Jim Russell.

Last edited:
I talked to Jim a couple of times since he left cologne. He's alright and landed some kind of different job at chevy dealer.

Which Chevy dealer? I recently got rid of my Volt but would still love to go say hi to Jim.

Which Chevy dealer? I recently got rid of my Volt but would still love to go say hi to Jim.
I'm not sure. I think somewhere around Sunnyvale area. I was hoping to catch up later this month. I'll post here if I know more

Back