• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX is an "Up and Comer" ...

Man....should have bought a bunch of those back in 2007!!!!

Triple your money on some of those.....I think the NSX is about to take off!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, can't believe they chose a picture of that NSX with its mirror flipped up to publish:redface:

They used the pic. From Wikipedia, within the last 6 months quotes from hagerty on a 91 has gone up a good 8k, it's only going up every year and when and if the new NSX ever get release the older version is going to take off in price, glad I own a minty low milage original 91

i saw that too....makes me wonder if it is worth buying a second one to hold on to

They used the pic. From Wikipedia, within the last 6 months quotes from hagerty on a 91 has gone up a good 8k, it's only going up every year and when and if the new NSX ever get release the older version is going to take off in price, glad I own a minty low milage original 91

Before everyone dips into their 401K, it should be noted that 91 price estimate, per the Hagerty valuation tool, has gone up about 7k in the last 8 months...for "Condition 1" examples. That means flawless, all OEM, just like new (or better) off the showroom floor. That means ALL original, NO missing bits, NO non-oem fasteners, NO chips, NO swirl, NO imperfections in the paint or glass, NO wear on the driver's seat bolster, not a spec of dust in the interior or the engine bay or the front "trunk", an absolutely spotless undercarriage...I have a feeling there are maybe a half-dozen 91s in that condition.

But Condition 2 cars, which we might more realistically find at a car show...pretty much all original with no major incorrect or non-oem parts (except maybe dealer-installed Comptech bits), and ready to win a regional show...those have gone up a little over four grand in that same period which ain't bad at all.

Even nice clean relatively unblemished drivers have gone up over three grand.

A lot of the price comparisons in the Yahoo article go back to the 2007 - 2009 period. For those with short memories, think Asset Backed Collateral! Collector and exotic car prices took a tumble starting in mid 2007 and probably did not start a real recovery until about 2011. It would probably be unrealistic to expect a repeat performance of the increases discussed in the Yahoo article since their price comparison is starting at a low spot. Also, compared to the other cars on the list, there are still probably too many NSXs in existence to expect a rapid rise in value.

Also, compared to the other cars on the list, there are still probably too many NSXs in existence to expect a rapid rise in value.

You're probably right about too many to expect too rapid a rise.

What I've been wondering about lately is how many stock or near stock NSX's are left?
I think there a fair number of modified units with the stock oem parts still with them so they can be restored or at least sold with the parts to restore them to stock should the new owner want to.

But I think there's a large number of unrestorable units out there.
The sale prices of those cars seem to discount the mods by at least 50% if not more.
I wonder if the trend of discounting modified cars will continue?

NSX is an "Up and Comer"

I was wandering around Barrett Jackson this weekend and talked with several bidders on this very subject and its clear that if you rate the NSX as an iconic car, then it will be worth far more if its all original, period. Who would modify an F-40 with aftermarket ABS and traction control???? If its a desirable but ubiquitous car like mass produced Corvettes or Chevelles then mods, if they're top flight and tasteful, actually appear to raise the value. (e.g. resto-mods).

Last edited:
I would say my car is between a Condition 2 and 3. More like a 3. I bought it in May of 2012 for almost exactly what they said the market value was. Now a condition 3 hard is up to 30k? I'll take it. 6k up. Covers all the money I've put it in probably.

This screenshot shows the Condition 2 price experiencing a steep increase over the past 6 months.
Must have been a few outlier sales to push up that condition 2 price. With most cars, Condition 1 prices tend to rise faster than prices on lower condition cars. Also, look at 91 NSXs and 93s. They have August price for a condition 2 92 priced higher than a condition 2 93.

Funny...from April to August, most NA1 prices went up at least a little. NA2 prices were mostly flat or down a bit.

Back