• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Re-spray or Wrap it???

Paid $8k for paint after my '02 conversion. But seven years later it needs a respray. To me Berlina black is so boring to keep. For 1/4th the cost, I'm having my car wrapped every 4-5 yrs with unlimited colors & finishes to choose from.

Paid $8k for paint after my '02 conversion. But seven years later it needs a respray. To me Berlina black is so boring to keep. For 1/4th the cost, I'm having my car wrapped every 4-5 yrs with unlimited colors & finishes to choose from.
thats exactly what i did with mine. i was undecided on what color to respray my car so i went with vinyl instead. so far, i wrapped her up twice already and it held up nice. onlookers can not tell if it is paint or vinyl.

thats exactly what i did with mine. i was undecided on what color to respray my car so i went with vinyl instead. so far, i wrapped her up twice already and it held up nice. onlookers can not tell if it is paint or vinyl.

EXACTLY!....and more $$$ for mods.

It's a wrap!!! Going to go with a white pearl or the satin white... Found the right shop at the right price and will be dropping her off on Monday...can't wait!!!

Anybody have a type r wing you wanna sell??? Or know who has the best deals on them ???

Dropped her off today....should be ready in a few days. Can't wait!!!

As you can see, it's time for some new trunk struts:redface:

image.jpg

Last edited:
Can you show how it looks under the edge of the fender? Do they tuck it in and then put the liner back? Also door sill area and other interesting places would be great to see too. But looking great at that last picture

Yes, I was very impressed at the length they went to to make such a flawless finish... They pretty much dismantle the whole car... Here is some other pics he sent me from today ...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Can't wait til Friday !!!

Last edited:
That looks really impressive and what a change for you. That's pretty exciting. Care to share how much they are charging you?

That looks really impressive and what a change for you. That's pretty exciting. Care to share how much they are charging you?

I can't believe how low it was considering the work they put in to it.....

Gave me a great deal...told him I'd brag about him on Prime :wink:

Definitely the best deal around, some shop quoted me $3400 for same job....

The shop is called endless auto salon www.endlessautosalon.com

Should be done by tomorrow.

Last edited:
Looks like your shop did a proper job. I would still worry about razor blades near my paint but I have also been thinking about your exact same color wrap on my car at some point down the road when I get bored.

Looks like your shop did a proper job. I would still worry about razor blades near my paint but I have also been thinking about your exact same color wrap on my car at some point down the road when I get bored.

They don't use a blade anywhere near the paint... They use a cutting tape when and if they have to cut on an exposed area... The guy takes great pride in doing a high quality job... I was very impressed...

I went with the Arlon "white pearl"..

Can't wait to get her back tomorrow hopefully....

Last edited:
This may just put painting out of date. I definitely like the idea of being able to say rewrap a fender or lower front etc for basically nothing compared to paint, color match and all that goes into it. Also I would be interested to see long term use feedback. Specifically on fading. But this looks very nice.

That is very quality work done for the price charged. This changes my mind wrapping my nsx over respray. In PA I would have to register with the state if I were to do a respray other than the original color. Wrapping the car would be exempt but I've been skeptical since it is something new to me. Please keep us posted. Thanks

Here is the thing with wrapping vs painting...if you are just doing the same color and can afford a quality paint job, paint it.

If you want a color change, wrap is the ONLY way to go....especially on a car like ours where a color change is a value killer.

And for the money, I could have 4 different colors in the next 20 years and still be cheaper then an expensive paint job...all the while protecting it's factory paint.

I'm still waiting on the car, but I have a feeling I will have zero regrets..... The latest updates he sent me look amazing and he said the camera just doesn't even come close to how good it looks in person....hoping to get back today.

Some updates...should be done by tonight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Car really looks awesome from the pics so far! I am doing the 02 conversion on my 96 right now and have been going back and forth on painting the new parts berlina black (which I agree is a little boring), or wrapping it. Excited to see the finished product. That pearl white is awesome by the way.

looks pretty good so far, can't wait to see the final result!

Any updates yet?

Took a lil longer then he thought... luckily he is sticking with his original quote, but he won't do another one for that cheap again:tongue:

I picked up the last Vis type R wing they had instock at VIS yesterday and dropped it off with him...finally got to see her!!! Very impressed to say the least... He said he'd be done by today....can't wait!!!

image.jpg

Last edited:
Back