• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

B pillar covers

you can try and buff them out but I suggest removing them and having them re-painted the OEM paint after all these years will start to bubble under I have even seen this on an 05 with 2600 miles happens to all of them.

easy removal and reinstall is easy. paint prob 200

Be very careful. Last summer I used my Griot's polisher on the B pillar and put too much pressure and burned through the paint :redface: The paint is very thin on the pillars..

If you have a Random Orbital use it with a small polishing pad or MF polishing pad. Use light pressure and use Menzerna super finish (SF-4000) PO 106 FA, a pea sized drop of the Polish is all you will need. Work the polish in an up and down direction first, then side to side. After it's dry, remove with a MF cloth. Apply a sealant for added gloss if desired using a MF cloth. Equally good results can be had by hand polishing in the same manner using MF cloths/ pads.

Last edited:
If you have a Random Orbital use it with a small polishing pad or MF polishing pad. Use light pressure and use Menzerna super finish (SF-4000) PO 106 FA, a pea sized drop of the Polish is all you will need. Work the polish in an up and down direction first, then side to side. After it's dry, remove with a MF cloth. Apply a sealant for added gloss if desired using a MF cloth. Equally good results can be had by hand polishing in the same manner using MF cloths/ pads.

Thanks for the reply. I started buffing the car out this evening, beginning with the roof and B pillars. I used a Lake light cutting pad and Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover and the B pillars came out great. All the hazing and micro scratches are gone. There was some "rashy" looking areas that are not totally gone, but they were reduced by 75%. They might clean up with some wet sanding, but I'm afraid the paint may be too thin. I'll follow up with a polishing pad using the same compound, a finishing pad using Wolfgang Glaze and then Wolfgang Fuzion wax.

I've never used Menzerma compounds, but have used the Wolfgang products extensively with good results. My 1972 Formula was painted in 1985 and had significant acid rain damage from being in Canada until 2012. I wet sanded it from 500 grit through 5000 and then polished it out using Wolfgang products. It looks like new paint. I can't wait to get the NSX finished. It looks great now and will only look better when it's done.

I've heard good things about Menzerna and will have to give it a try. Thanks again.

2A59D824-4979-403D-A4B3-3AA05538C0EF_zpscxfkwqci.jpg

91365FCD-E379-4BCA-A713-31364EC84807_zpsg9iwvhp2.jpg

0C5889F1-BC9E-43F3-BFB7-64D0480048F8_zpsvwtre7tv.jpg

80BA54C8-CC03-44DE-93F1-7FCCEF4BF80D_zpsftu4uq1c.jpg

Paint Correction

My 1991 NSX is in great shape, paint included. However, I have been anxiously trying to find time to do a full paint correction buff and polish. I finally had time this weekend and I am very pleased with the results. I did two passes with Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover using a cutting pad and a polishing pad. I then went over it a third time using Wolfgang Finishing Glaze and a finishing pad. After that I applied Wolfgang High Gloss Sealant, followed finally with Wolfgang Fuzion Carnauba Polymer wax. It was a lot of work, but man does it look good. On the last two buffer passes I buffed out the rear taillight lens cover and it looks like new.

The only spot I am not totally thrilled with is the front bumper cover. It has so much flex that I wasn't able to get several small scratches out without exceeding my comfort level with respect to generating too much heat. I've got some Surbuf pads coming and I may tackle those spots again. Here's a few pictures...

824CE40A-8A50-4530-A52B-DF718CB970F4_zpsqid5ww9l.jpg

508EC821-89B6-4028-BB39-F08E9FB22BE3_zps98dnsodn.jpg

2F725AB4-B04B-4648-9A8E-06C7BF251578_zpsbclvpqu8.jpg

059B3505-9216-4F13-A2F6-20B61E9DC02A_zpsuahvhkfg.jpg

41F0D275-8BD9-43D8-A3F9-F96F72377C4A_zpsboqkladd.jpg

That is a fine looking job. Nice shop too!

- - - Updated - - -

you can try and buff them out but I suggest removing them and having them re-painted the OEM paint after all these years will start to bubble under I have even seen this on an 05 with 2600 miles happens to all of them.

easy removal and reinstall is easy. paint prob 200

My 03 drivers side B pillar started to show this condition. What would be the cause of this, improper prep at the factory? Shawn, this is why I bought a set of Silverstone B pillars from you awhile ago. Haven't installed them yet as mine aren't that bad. I'll have to look at the ones I got from you and see if they are developing the same issue. Are they still under warranty? haha

[MENTION=30033]Bentwheelbob[/MENTION]... excellent job!

I use the same products. I love them! Best of all with this product, no white residue is left on the trim so I dont even have to use tape!!!

Back