• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lifetime state inspection.

My fellow Texas primers. I was visiting with a State Trooper friend of mine yesterday. We were discussing license plates. He told me that after 20 years our car is considered "Antique" and that if registered as one, you only need one lifetime inspection sticker. This may benefit guys where emissions testing is required. I thought I'd pass it along if it may benefit so of the modified owners that dread yearly testing.

Almost, off by 5 years: have to be at least 25 years old. I was looking forward to not dealing with the hassle of annual inspections, however just read up on the requirements: The motor vehicle must be used exclusively for exhibitions, club activities, parades or other functions of public interest. Motor vehicles displaying Antique plates may not be used for regular transportation or advertising. The motor vehicle may be driven to and from a location for routine maintenance. Not sure if I like the plate design either.

Look into the classic car plates. Unlimited use, but only subject to an annual safety inspection (no emissions check).

Back