• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lamborghini To Make Repalcement NSX Before Honda

The Lamborghini Asterion looks a lot like NSX 2.0 also have 3 electric motors but with a V10 and double the power and will most likely go to market yrs before Honda's example.

Another nail in the coffin for poor Honda, 2015 will be 10 yrs since the last NSX was sold, the competition hasn't gone to sleep they just keep coming and still nothing of any substance from Honda by the time NSX 2.0 go's to market it will be yrs behind the rest.

www.carscoops.com/2014/09/new-photos-of-lamborghini-asterion.html

Attachments

• Lamborghini-Asterion-20.jpg
    Lamborghini-Asterion-20.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,015
it doesnt even look close to the NSX Ferrari is Italian junk

in Italy 90% of the Ferraris have cloth interior and roll down windows LOL they dont even offer leather A/c is a dealer option, and radio with 4 speakers are extra

Another nail in the coffin for poor Honda
Wow that was not really subtle, if you want to troll you have to put a bit more effort, that one was glaring. Good trolling is mixing just the right amount of nonsense into a seemingly very logical proposition - so that people get confused and will argue on the surface meaning without understanding they are getting trolled.. Try better next time :)

Not trolling just stating the facts its undeniable that Honda has dragged its chain on replacing NSX 1.0 no other major manufacturer has taken so long with so many concepts to replace one car before.

You must not remember Toyota/Lexus and Nissan sport cars debut time frames.

What has this NSX concept taken about? It's almost been 3 years since we first saw the NSX concept in early 2012.

Just looked some information up for you guys.

LFA concept was first shown in 2005 and released in late 2011; 6 years from concept to release. Development started even earlier than that.
GTR concept was first shown in 2001 and released in 2007; 6 years from concept to release.
FT86/FRS/BRZ was first shown in 2007 and released in 2012; 5 years from concept to release.

To me it seems people are just looking for reasons to bag on Honda even though they are doing things at about the same pace (actually looks like they are going slightly faster) as their competitors.

Last edited:
Will depend a lot on the price point as to whether it is a viable contender for the upcoming NSX.

Also, Lambos are german cars now, not italian :p

Will depend a lot on the price point as to whether it is a viable contender for the upcoming NSX.

Also, Lambos are german cars now, not italian :p

yeah, I don't see how what's basically a vw beetle is going to hold a candle to the NSX :D

A bit more....

Lamborghini is set to unveil its first-ever plug-in hybrid concept at the Paris motor show. The mid-engined Asterion LPI 910-4 runs a 449kW 5.2-litre V10 as used in the Huracan. Coupled to this is a trio of electric motors that add a further 220kW for a total of 669kW. The Asterion accelerates to 100km/h in 3.0-seconds and on to a top speed of 320km/h and features an electric-only range of 50km. According to the leaked press release obtained by evo Australia, "This is how Lamborghini prepares for the future with the Asterion, the first hyper cruiser."

So, NSX-SA.... Have you placed your deposit for the Asterion? Preparing to sell your NSX? Seems to me you should be. It's pretty obvious you no longer have any love for Honda. Quit bitching, leave this forum, join the Lamborghini forum and move on already.

You must not remember Toyota/Lexus and Nissan sport cars debut time frames.

What has this NSX concept taken about? It's almost been 3 years since we first saw the NSX concept in early 2012.

Just looked some information up for you guys.

LFA concept was first shown in 2005 and released in late 2011; 6 years from concept to release. Development started even earlier than that.
GTR concept was first shown in 2001 and released in 2007; 6 years from concept to release.
FT86/FRS/BRZ was first shown in 2007 and released in 2012; 5 years from concept to release.

To me it seems people are just looking for reasons to bag on Honda even though they are doing things at about the same pace (actually looks like they are going slightly faster) as their competitors.

Sure, this exact concept has only been shown to us since January of 2012, going on three years. Meanwhile all we've had is speculation as to performance and pricetag, as well as a somewhat refined concept II given to us in 2013. Maybe you've forgotten, but they've been showing us crap like this since 2004:
Honda-HSC-Concept.jpg

In 2007, their CEO told us we'd have a car by 2010. They even had prototypes running around the nurburgring in 2008. By the time they got around to showing us another car in January of 2012, it had already been long-awaited and eagerly anticipated. They continued to pimp it at auto shows as a Honda NSX, hitting the headlines each time as a different car, and by the time it returned to north america as the Acura NSX in 2013, people were already getting restless and treating it as non-news. Now in 2014, many journalists are beginning to refer to the car as a 2016. All the while the fun has been completely sucked out of Honda and what was once a promising new luxury brand with attractive cars has had all of its lineup neutered with terrible looks and is now considered one of the worst brands for customer satisfaction.

The FT86 was not unveiled until October of 2009. with first delivery in May of 2012, or about 2.5 years. The FT-HS concept was one of many concepts and it was not touted as something that would ever be produced. You are correct, we had to see that ugly duckling GT-R concept in 2001, but at the time Nissan was selling it only as a demonstration of the future, not an actual production car (Nissan was still producing the R34). It wasn't until Oct of 2005 that they showed a real-deal GT-R concept, and it launced in December of 2007 and July of 2008 in the US (about 2.5 years). Sure, you could easily suggest that those demo-concepts were similar to the Honda HSC, etc., but unlike Honda, Nissan and Toyota never led us to believe those cars would be produced.

True, the LFA was a long-awaited, based on a very radical concept and then delayed to get a massive structural redesign. However, it's arguably a totally different animal altogether as it was a $400k, limited production supercar which was never intended to be made in significant quantity a-la GT-R or NSX, even limited by Ferrari standards. Still, it was a pretty big joke back then for Toyota/Lexus and not a good excuse for Acura today. By comparison, McLaren blew everyone away in October of 2012 when they unveiled the P1 and it's been in customer's hands since early this year (first delivery in October 2013). About 1 year from unveiling to delivery.

If you compare the FT86 and the GT-R to the 2012 Acura NSX Concept, at this point people would already be placing their orders, and next spring and summer people would have their new NSX parked in their garage. Right now we don't even know if we'll get a car in 2015.

Attachments

• Honda-HSC-Concept.jpg
    Honda-HSC-Concept.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 739
Sure, this exact concept has only been shown to us since January of 2012, going on three years. Meanwhile all we've had is speculation as to performance and pricetag, as well as a somewhat refined concept II given to us in 2013. Maybe you've forgotten, but they've been showing us crap like this since 2004:
View attachment 117174

In 2007, their CEO told us we'd have a car by 2010. They even had prototypes running around the nurburgring in 2008. By the time they got around to showing us another car in January of 2012, it had already been long-awaited and eagerly anticipated. They continued to pimp it at auto shows as a Honda NSX, hitting the headlines each time as a different car, and by the time it returned to north america as the Acura NSX in 2013, people were already getting restless and treating it as non-news. Now in 2014, many journalists are beginning to refer to the car as a 2016. All the while the fun has been completely sucked out of Honda and what was once a promising new luxury brand with attractive cars has had all of its lineup neutered with terrible looks and is now considered one of the worst brands for customer satisfaction.

The FT86 was not unveiled until October of 2009. with first delivery in May of 2012, or about 2.5 years. The FT-HS concept was one of many concepts and it was not touted as something that would ever be produced. You are correct, we had to see that ugly duckling GT-R concept in 2001, but at the time Nissan was selling it only as a demonstration of the future, not an actual production car (Nissan was still producing the R34). It wasn't until Oct of 2005 that they showed a real-deal GT-R concept, and it launced in December of 2007 and July of 2008 in the US (about 2.5 years). Sure, you could easily suggest that those demo-concepts were similar to the Honda HSC, etc., but unlike Honda, Nissan and Toyota never led us to believe those cars would be produced.

True, the LFA was a long-awaited, based on a very radical concept and then delayed to get a massive structural redesign. However, it's arguably a totally different animal altogether as it was a $400k, limited production supercar which was never intended to be made in significant quantity a-la GT-R or NSX, even limited by Ferrari standards. Still, it was a pretty big joke back then for Toyota/Lexus and not a good excuse for Acura today. By comparison, McLaren blew everyone away in October of 2012 when they unveiled the P1 and it's been in customer's hands since early this year (first delivery in October 2013). About 1 year from unveiling to delivery.

If you compare the FT86 and the GT-R to the 2012 Acura NSX Concept, at this point people would already be placing their orders, and next spring and summer people would have their new NSX parked in their garage. Right now we don't even know if we'll get a car in 2015.

The HSC and ASCC/HSV were never claimed to be the new NSX by HONDA. Sure all journalists and some hopeful/desperate Honda enthusiasts felt like they were but claiming it such based on speculation is not concrete enough to claim Honda has been working on a NSX concept since 2003. Going with your R34/R35 argument since the NSX was still in production until 2005 that must mean the 2003 HSC was just a design study not intended as a real production car either...(ironically that basically was its purpose) The ASCC/HSV concept was a different car so to me it would be the same as ASCC/HSV to NSX vs LFA to Supra. These were flagship cars for their respective companies at their respective times but that's about all they have in common with eachother. (I was actually okay with idea of the HSV being the next NSX but the general concensus from Honda enthusiasts was since it had a FR drivetrain it was not an NSX)

I still hold my opinion 2007 FT-HS concept led to FT-86 concept, which then led to GT86. (Just look at the name it's obviously originated from that concept), 2002 R35 concept led to the 2007 GTR, and 2005 LF-A concept led to the 2011 LFA. McLaren didn't unveil a concept and then sell it a year later. It just means they waited only until 1 year prior to release to show the "production" models where as Honda/Nissan/Toyota showed "concept" vehicles first and then "production" models after. They probably spent the same amount of time making the P1 as any other sport car company out there. If Honda went with McLaren's approach we wouldn't even know there was a NSX in the works until this upcoming January.

We can agree to disagree, I still think people are blowing sh*t out of proportion...

Some pictures to show what I mean.

FT-HS
FT-HS_01.jpg

FT-86 Concept
ms2009_015-620op.jpg

GT86 production
Toyota-GT-86-Carscoop26.jpg

R35 Concept
gtr35f.jpg

R35 Revised Concept
Nissan+Skyline+GTR+R35+Concept+Car+Images-2.jpg

R35 Production
Nissan_GT-R_01.JPG

LF-A Concept
81776-bigthumbnail.jpg

LFA Production
2012-lexus-lfa-rear-three-quarters-view2_XMNO.jpg

HSC Concept
honda-hsc1403.jpg

ASCC/HSV Concept
Acura_ASCC_06.jpeg

NSX Concept
2012-Honda-NSX-Concept-Studio-Side-Profile-480.jpg

Last edited:
My whole point is I am passionate about the NSX just disillusioned about the replacement process if anyone thinks they have handled the NSX brand well needs their heads read. From the first release 1990 there was little development for the life span of NSX 1.0 to its end in 2005. Now in 2014 still little is known when the replacement will go to market as mentioned earlier 2016 is now touted for its release. That's a quarter of a century and we are still driving basically a 1990 car if people think Honda has treated the NSX brand with respect you are all wrong. Honda has done nothing to entice people from other brands to a flagship Honda product everyone respects what Honda produced in the early 90's but that's 25yrs ago they will be pushing an up hill battle to get none believers bums in the next NSX.

I hope I am wrong but I think Honda has burnt too many bridges in the Supercar market the last thing we want to see NSX 2.0 has slow sales, not generating development revenue, and we are stuck with the same car for another 25yrs.

Simply put Honda needs to grow some balls. That's not just pertaining to the NSX. Everything that comes out of Minato today is conservative and bland. There is no concrete direction for Acura. Its simply a "nicer" Honda. Who cares how many concepts aren't officially NSX concepts. THE FACT is Honda hasn't built a replacement in 20+ years. If Mr. Soichiro was alive today maybe the company would be 180 degrees different. Why are there no competition for the M3/S5, M5/E63, LS460/750/S550? Even Hyundai has the nuts to build a full blown Luxury sedan a la Genesis/Equus to compete with the Luxury big boys. I remember when the Legend was the most sought after sedan. How many RL's have sold lately? Is the RL Sport Hybrid still "delayed?" I've always considered myself a die hard Honda guy, having owned the Prelude, Integra, TL, s2000, and current NSX. While it's possible the NSX 2.0 can become one of the greatest cars ever built, one thing Honda doesn't realize is the NSX alone can't save Acura. Just like Kobe can't save the Lakers. They need a RANGE of exciting models to bring people into the brand. This isn't the 80's and 90's anymore. Other manufacturers have progressed in reliability and technology, a previous trait/strongpoint of Honda. If I had to describe today's Honda, its a half-stepping company. The thing I've come to realize is Porsche, Ferrari, and Lamborghini builds sports cars because that's their primary goal, Honda builds the NSX as a side project. Their main goal is to sell you a commuter. The back and forth story is too long in the tooth. I think people have too high of a hope for Acura because of being misled by Honda. People for years expected and waited for greatness from the company that builds civics and accords, not 458s and F12s.

+1.

+2.

Simply put Honda needs to grow some balls. That's not just pertaining to the NSX. Everything that comes out of Minato today is conservative and bland. There is no concrete direction for Acura. Its simply a "nicer" Honda. Who cares how many concepts aren't officially NSX concepts. THE FACT is Honda hasn't built a replacement in 20+ years. If Mr. Soichiro was alive today maybe the company would be 180 degrees different. Why are there no competition for the M3/S5, M5/E63, LS460/750/S550? Even Hyundai has the nuts to build a full blown Luxury sedan a la Genesis/Equus to compete with the Luxury big boys. I remember when the Legend was the most sought after sedan. How many RL's have sold lately? Is the RL Sport Hybrid still "delayed?" I've always considered myself a die hard Honda guy, having owned the Prelude, Integra, TL, s2000, and current NSX. While it's possible the NSX 2.0 can become one of the greatest cars ever built, one thing Honda doesn't realize is the NSX alone can't save Acura. Just like Kobe can't save the Lakers. They need a RANGE of exciting models to bring people into the brand. This isn't the 80's and 90's anymore. Other manufacturers have progressed in reliability and technology, a previous trait/strongpoint of Honda. If I had to describe today's Honda, its a half-stepping company. The thing I've come to realize is Porsche, Ferrari, and Lamborghini builds sports cars because that's their primary goal, Honda builds the NSX as a side project. Their main goal is to sell you a commuter. The back and forth story is too long in the tooth. I think people have too high of a hope for Acura because of being misled by Honda. People for years expected and waited for greatness from the company that builds civics and accords, not 458s and F12s.

Does Honda or Acura really need saving??? GM and Toyota, the two best selling manufacturers in the world are under heavy scrutiny right now because they sell so many cars and thus, have higher odds of recalls or bad equipment. You don't think VW/Audi and Nissan are next? Everyone in the Toyota camp says the same thing about Toyota cars are not like what they used to be like in the 90s.

I think they are comfortable at the level they are at and quite frankly, I don't really care if they are sell the most cars, because I've never been a fan of having what everyone else has. Of course everyone wants more sales, but Honda has never been number one in sales and no product that was a base seller is ever "the best overall" product.

I agree it's been a long time coming for a replacement but I can't hold it against them considering (As you just said) their main market is commuter cars not sport cars. It's like complaining that Lamborghini has taken way to long to come out with a new SUV because the LM002 came out in 1986... Also it's not like Honda hasn't came out with great cars after the NSX either. Did we just forget about the S2000, the Integra Type-R, and the multiple Civic Type-Rs that they released after the NSX (All sold between 1996-2009). In reality it's been like a decade now where Honda has kind of stopped producing great sporty cars and lost their ways a bit. With the release of the new Civic Type-R and the NSX I can see Honda putting effort in trying to get some of their sporty image back. All we can do is wait and see if they have done a good job.

Last edited:

+3

some of you guys seriously need to get your heads out of your arses. Honda completely left the NSX out to dry a short time after they debuted it. a 0.2 litre (or 20hp if you prefer) increase in power and some new headlights over 15 years is pretty shameful for a flagship model. they could have done a lot better with it, and in my opinion it was a huge disservice to the NSX.

but as it's been noted, Honda builds Civics and Accords, that's their primary goal. Ferrari/Lamborghini/Porsche build cars out of pure passion, not economics and EPA boasts. that is where the monumental difference lies. if my memory serves me correctly, the NSX was also supposed to be the first hybrid Supercar. it certainly won't hold that distinction whenever it finally comes out, not even close. the frustration with Honda's lackadaisical attitude towards the NSX past or future is certainly warranted.

before you start your negative comments at me, do know that I just spent good money on an '02 Imola last month, and I love it. always have loved the NSX, it's been my favourite car since I was not even old enough to drive it. but I would damn sure love it a lot more if Honda had put a 4.0 V8 in the back with 400 horsepower...

The HSC and ASCC/HSV were never claimed to be the new NSX by HONDA. Sure all journalists and some hopeful/desperate Honda enthusiasts felt like they were but claiming it such based on speculation is not concrete enough to claim Honda has been working on a NSX concept since 2003. Going with your R34/R35 argument since the NSX was still in production until 2005 that must mean the 2003 HSC was just a design study not intended as a real production car either...(ironically that basically was its purpose) The ASCC/HSV concept was a different car so to me it would be the same as ASCC/HSV to NSX vs LFA to Supra. These were flagship cars for their respective companies at their respective times but that's about all they have in common with eachother. (I was actually okay with idea of the HSV being the next NSX but the general concensus from Honda enthusiasts was since it had a FR drivetrain it was not an NSX)

I still hold my opinion 2007 FT-HS concept led to FT-86 concept, which then led to GT86. (Just look at the name it's obviously originated from that concept), 2002 R35 concept led to the 2007 GTR, and 2005 LF-A concept led to the 2011 LFA. McLaren didn't unveil a concept and then sell it a year later. It just means they waited only until 1 year prior to release to show the "production" models where as Honda/Nissan/Toyota showed "concept" vehicles first and then "production" models after. They probably spent the same amount of time making the P1 as any other sport car company out there. If Honda went with McLaren's approach we wouldn't even know there was a NSX in the works until this upcoming January.

We can agree to disagree, I still think people are blowing sh*t out of proportion...

You're totally right about design and sale. The Corvette was unveiled in Jan 2013, and actual cars were delivered at the end of the very same year, but the car had been in development since '07. That's how you do it.

I see where you're coming from, but the biggest difference is that Acura brought out those two cars and led the world to believe that a car was coming. All the while the press and the enthusiasts salivated for the greatness that would succeed the fantastic NSX. Every shred of information that would leak was quickly digested and we even had statements from company officials that a car was on its way. One of these cars ended up being a real car, and Honda just never saw fit to give it to anybody. As sure as we are that the next NSX will eventually be coming to a dealership near you, it would not be completely unreasonable, given Honda's hsitory, of pulling the rug out from under us and leaving us with nothing. Fast forward to 2011, and the way they've gone about hyping up this car, showing us concepts, and leaving us completely in the dark for so long regarding anything more than some pretty pictures, has been shitty to say the least. I'm sure it'll be a great car, and I'd love to own one one day, but seeing them on the streets for the first time will not be very exciting because Acura killed the excitement a long time ago.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree it's been a long time coming for a replacement but I can't hold it against them considering (As you just said) their main market is commuter cars not sport cars. It's like complaining that Lamborghini has taken way to long to come out with a new SUV because the LM002 came out in 1986... Also it's not like Honda hasn't came out with great cars after the NSX either. Did we just forget about the S2000, the Integra Type-R, and the multiple Civic Type-Rs that they released after the NSX (All sold between 1996-2009). In reality it's been like a decade now where Honda has kind of stopped producing great sporty cars and lost their ways a bit. With the release of the new Civic Type-R and the NSX I can see Honda putting effort in trying to get some of their sporty image back. All we can do is wait and see if they have done a good job.

Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Nissan, Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Hyundai, Cadillac, etc. all give us good sportscars. None of them are sportscar companies.

- - - Updated - - -

Does Honda or Acura really need saving??? GM and Toyota, the two best selling manufacturers in the world are under heavy scrutiny right now because they sell so many cars and thus, have higher odds of recalls or bad equipment. You don't think VW/Audi and Nissan are next? Everyone in the Toyota camp says the same thing about Toyota cars are not like what they used to be like in the 90s.

I think they are comfortable at the level they are at and quite frankly, I don't really care if they are sell the most cars, because I've never been a fan of having what everyone else has. Of course everyone wants more sales, but Honda has never been number one in sales and no product that was a base seller is ever "the best overall" product.

Sure they might be able to sell sub-par cars for the foreseeable future, but don't you want them to have some truly great products like they used to?

- - - Updated - - -

Simply put Honda needs to grow some balls. That's not just pertaining to the NSX. Everything that comes out of Minato today is conservative and bland. There is no concrete direction for Acura. Its simply a "nicer" Honda.

Yep!!!

Last edited:
Back