• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Boosted NSX with drive by wire?

How are you boosted drive by wire guys controlling your idling? Looks like lovefab has a new kit available.Plug and Play Drive By Wire NSX AEM Infinity kits available now!!! Full throttle and idle control. Bolt on throttle body adapter, for aftermarket throttle body to the stock NSX intake manifolds. https://www.facebook.com/LoveFab/ph...6390618747317/719975784722128/?type=1&theater
I created this kit last year. Did the job just fine for a DBW customer of mine. He too was complaining about stalling issues with his FIC and stock computer.

I have that aem v2 for the drive by wire setup it still doesn't help control the idle

- - - Updated - - -

Cody Loveland
Nobody has gotten an dbw nsx to idle properly. The Infinity does because it replaces the throttle body with a modern unit and controls the idle properly.

There may be hope for soon being able to flash the OBD2 ECUs, nothing is working yet but the process has been started. If you can hold out until more work is complete on the ECU we are hoping to have an answer if it will be possible or not. We are already able to tune the 91-94 ECUs, we are testing the 91-94 ECUs for use with boost then the OBD2 ECUs are next as what we have learned and are learning will hopefully carry into the OBD2 DBW. If we can get into the OBD2 ECU the only limitation to controlling idle would be if you changed the TB, as long as the stock TB was used we should have full control.

If you can not wait and OBD2 compliance is not a requirement then the Infinity and TB change looks to be the best solution for the DBW cars.

Dave

Not boosted, but tuned on AEM series 2 in a '95 for flex fuel... Had idle issues and didn't like the idea of not having "total control". Retrofitted a 91-94 pedal assembly, throttle cable, intake manifold and throttle body and plumbed in an IACV and fast idle valve. Seems like overkill, but it works like a charm.

How are you boosted drive by wire guys controlling your idling?

Looks like lovefab has a new kit available.

Plug and Play Drive By Wire NSX AEM Infinity kits available now!!! Full throttle and idle control. Bolt on throttle body adapter, for aftermarket throttle body to the stock NSX intake manifolds.
https://www.facebook.com/LoveFab/ph...6390618747317/719975784722128/?type=1&theater

Thanks for posting this ! I am thinking about converting to the Infinity due to it's superior functions and capapbility.

Back