• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone running the Brian Crower 3.5 Stroker kit?

Is there anyone running the BC 3.5 stroker kit? I see forum members with SOS/Driving Ambition/CT/Jon Martin, but have yet to come across anyone with the BC kit.

Hi!

My engine tuners S2000 with NSX swap runs that. SoS ITBs, Toda cams, 12.5:1 cr, dry sump, seq. tranny, yadda yadda.... 490 hp to the engine. This car is built for circuit racing only. I have some pix at home and on youtube there are some vids. I will search for it and link it later.

Wow! I would love to read about it. Please let me know if you find the link. Does he have his own web?

Hi!

My engine tuners S2000 with NSX swap runs that. SoS ITBs, Toda cams, 12.5:1 cr, dry sump, seq. tranny, yadda yadda.... 490 hp to the engine. This car is built for circuit racing only. I have some pix at home and on youtube there are some vids. I will search for it and link it later.

The Lovefab stroker kits use Crower. Look up the crazy Canadian builds

We won't use anything else. Great guys to deal with, and the parts WORK the first time out of the box. We are making huge power 20 minutes after initial break-ins, with zero issues. Inquire for pricing, as we've worked some deals with them. And if you're drive by wire, you'll need a proper management system to effectively tune the new displacement. Our Infinity systems will be a GREAT addition to any NA NSX.. https://www.lovefab.com/Store/Product-Detail/ProductID/110/aem-infinity6

My 3.6L made power to 7k, without ITBs, and then dropped off. I bought a huge throttle body and intake manifold as a temporary solution but never installed it. Went ITB and that opened things up quite a bit.

My 3.6L made power to 7k, without ITBs, and then dropped off. I bought a huge throttle body and intake manifold as a temporary solution but never installed it. Went ITB and that opened things up quite a bit.

Thanks for the feedback- what power did you make at what rpm?

Also- what other parts are needed to make a complete and full engine? I noticed that the sos site seemed to have a few extra seals and parts on their list..

Thanks

Jamie

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback- what power did you make at what rpm?

w/o ITBs: 335rwhp at 7k/270ft lb at 5.5k.
w/ ITBs: 369rwhp at around the same/296ft lb at around the same.

What else do you need? A higher flowing intake manifold for one. ;)

The Lovefab stroker kits use Crower. Look up the crazy Canadian builds
I looked up Crazy Canadian's profile but didn't really see a build thread. I'm thinking about doing a Brian Crower 3.4L stroker kit. I already have a Lovefab turbo setup.
Anyone else have any experience with his stroker kit?

I looked up Crazy Canadian's profile but didn't really see a build thread. I'm thinking about doing a Brian Crower 3.4L stroker kit. I already have a Lovefab turbo setup.
Anyone else have any experience with his stroker kit?

Gil did a 3.8 using BC and Cody uses them as well. I have spoken to Gil about this and he has had nothing but great things to say about his. So much so that I am going with a BC 3.6 as well.

Gil did a 3.8 using BC and Cody uses them as well. I have spoken to Gil about this and he has had nothing but great things to say about his. So much so that I am going with a BC 3.6 as well.

3.6... :eek:

My kit has only just shipped, waiting for it to arrive.

I thought i actually ordered the 3.5L but I was offered 93 or 94mm pistons, i went with 93mm because knowing my luck if something went wrong i could go over sized if i ever needed to.

So i think with the stroke that would be 3.4L

I've got some Darton sleeves going in also.

I thought i actually ordered the 3.5L but I was offered 93 or 94mm pistons, i went with 93mm because knowing my luck if something went wrong i could go over sized if i ever needed to.

Are you going to go FI with this build or stay NA?
Looking forward to this coming together

Are you going to go FI with this build or stay NA?
Looking forward to this coming together

My car is a LoveFab GTX turbo kit. The motor started to drop oil pressure, checked everything i could externally. I had a slightly weak piston before boosting, was just holding in there in terms of compression, was within tolerance but not by much. had always planned on doing a mild build swapping the pistons out but the oil pressure as well made me go another route.

Accepted the fact it was more serious, was advised low oil pressure can ruin a crank. I didn't want to go through all the hassle and expense of dropping the motor and having it all expected then for it to sit around while i saved and spec'd everything. So i went the route of going on the assumption the crank is dead saved and went for the stroker as it includes a new crank.

I know it was fast before but i can't get it through my mind how fast it will be this time around, I over spec'd everything for reliability. Can't afford to do it twice made sense paying a little extra to make it bullet proof and backing the power off to similar level.

I will get the crank inspected because if it's in good shape still i can sell it on and get some money back towards the build.

Last edited:
Nice keep us posted, I have a spare engine that am trying to figure out what to do with so am interested in these cranks and stroker kits

It's not too crazy. Really is about the same as what you are doing (I have an 05 with a 3.2), but bought a spare engine to do the conversion on. I really wanted to do a 3.8L, but Gil talked me out of it due to cylinder wall thickness. I think you will be more than happy with the 3.4. Should introduce quite a bit of torque.

Bore: 93mm
Stroke: 84mm
Displacement: 3.423L

Bore: 94mm
Displacement: 3.497L

Bore: 95mm
Displacement: 3.572L

Bore: 96mm
Displacement: 3.648L

Bore: 97mm
Displacement: 3.742L

Bore: 98mm
Displacement: 3.801L

Bore: 99mm
Displacement: 3.879L

Congrats, I cannot wait to hear your impression of the kit.

I will have a Brian Crower 3.5 stroker in Winter. The build is in progress and when this season is over, I will do the engine swap. As for the intake I will use the Comptech modified manifold with this 2x58mm Corvette ZR01 TB. The VVIS will be deleted. 11.5:1 CR on pump gas 100 octane ROZ. Toda C cams.

I will have a Brian Crower 3.5 stroker in Winter. The build is in progress and when this season is over, I will do the engine swap. As for the intake I will use the Comptech modified manifold with this 2x58mm Corvette ZR01 TB. The VVIS will be deleted. 11.5:1 CR on pump gas 100 octane ROZ. Toda C cams.

are you dbw?

I have a blox dbw unit i am no longer using.

The oem throttle body fits inside it.

I am DBW as well and have been using a mustang TB that Cody Loveland had connected to this alien ship looking manifold on the Pikes Peak car
91c7deb28ff97b90eacd43228b2abc16.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Back