• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Road Atlanta Track Weekend November 22-23

Good Morning All:

MVP Track Time (www.MVPTrackTime.com) is very excited about our 6th annual “Flyin’ Turkey Trot” track weekend November 22-23, 2014.

We schedule 2+ hours of track time daily for each of the three run groups. The entry fee is $400 for the weekend or $250 for a single day. All info and registration is available on our "Track Day Registration" page of the web site at:

http://www.MVPTrackTime.com/id47.html

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call me at (314) 249-3770 or e-mail [email protected].

Happy Motoring and I hope to see you at Road Atlanta in November.

Feff

I will be at Atlanta with MVP if anyone would like to join us on Track or stop by and say Hi. Mark puts on a great event and Road Atlanta is a blast to run. Everyone should run it at least once in their life.

Dave

That other NSX is me. Just bought this 95 a couple months ago and it has never been tracked, but all the stuff has been replaced and taken car of quite nicely. I will be driving from SW Florida to Braselton for its first long shakedown cruise (about 10 hours each way). Just putting on new Yoko S-Drive street tires and the car is very stock except for exhaust. My son lives in Braselton and we just attended the Petit LeMans last month. He races Karts and has been on Road Atlanta many times with very fast lap times, so he will be in the car with me. I have driven SCCA and PCA with 356/911 Porsches, but that was over 35 years ago. I turn 70 in three months. I really want to see how this car does on a great road course like Road Atlanta. I will look you up for sure. I am in a spotless 95 Red NSX that I bought from Mike Zarkowsky. Rich Tilden

Awesome, good to see someone enjoying the NSX in its best environment. I will be in the almost spotless 2004 Red NSX, I should not be hard to find as you and I will likely be the only ones around. I run in the Advanced group and since you are in the Intermediate group means if you or your son want to ride along with me in one of my sessions you are welcome to, just find me in the paddock and we will work something out.

I will likely be hanging out with a few other guys from St. Louis as I think we have at least four other cars going, we usually have more than that running together but a couple of the guys have not had a very good year with their cars and a couple are in the process of major upgrades so they are skipping Atlanta.

Look forward to meeting you and your son, the S-Drive is a good street tire but can be a little squirmy on full tread depth, take it slow at first. I am sure you will have a great time, Atlanta is one of the best tracks in the country.

Dave

Last edited:
MUCH Thanks to Dave Dozier for helping me prep my street NSX for it's first time on a track at Road Atlanta. Thanks for specifiying all the parts, etc....I completed rear brakes today, and will hopefully do the fronts tomorrow, together with all the fluid changes you spec'd for me. I now feel very confident of having a safe car that my son and I will enjoy driving like it was designed to be driven....and on a beautiful course. Thanks again Dave. See you in Braselton, Georgia!!! Rich

It was great seeing you and your Son, other than the total rain out on Sunday at least Saturday was a blast. I am glad you guys got to run at Atlanta in the NSX. It is an amazing car and an amazing track.

I think your son was a little surprised and very impressed with how good these cars are even stock in a track environment. You are lucky you had him there, with his knowledge of the track it should have made your day much more fun and a lot safer then learning that track on your own.

I hope to see you at a few more of MVP's events next year.

Dave

Thanks again for all your help Dave. I am really impressed with my NSX and Honda engineering. Drove it up to Road Atlanta from SW Florida (91/2 hours), took out some air in the tires and went very fast on a difficult and challenging track without a burp! Stayed with my son a while and 5 screaming grandkids and drove it back home. Got 25.2 mpg without the AC and incredible track results at Road Atlanta.....what a car!!!!!! I loved passing V8 cars on the straights and out handling almost everything in the curves....especially the esses and that butt cheek clenching turn 12! Your assistance and support was much appreciated. We had a great time in a great car.

Back