• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO DIY Garage TIme

DIY NSX CAR GUYS:
I agreed to bring all the parts I ordered from Science of Speed for the ABS update conversion, and do the install during garage day at NSXPO. Only problem is, I read today it is a 8 hour job, minimum. Has anyone else done the full conversion before, and would you be willing to help me do mine so it could be completed in one day's time? I'm bringing the tools and buying your dinner, or lunch the next day depending on our event schedule.

Please respond and let me know if you would be willing to advise/help complete this project for the group to watch.

Thanks,
Frank O'Donnell
1991 Stock NSX
Troy, VA

ensure you have a vacuum brake bleeder and you can take a bunch of time off. My wiki write up should also help take some time off:
It took me 5 hours plus bleeding time. (I really took my time)
http://nsxprime.com/wiki/Upgrade_to_2000-2005_ABS_using_SOS_kit

My write up shows a total of 8 hours, but I also modified my keyless while the glove box was out, removed the old ABS module (not necessary), and I took the time to disassemble and clean the heater assembly while it was out.

ensure you have a good set of 10 mm flare nut wrenches. a shorty and an extra one to bend slightly together will save you an hour.

Not to worry, mcrider will be there, he just did his, and there will be others including someone from SoS.

Sorry, I am not going to be there this year, sounds like a bunch of fun...

Last edited:
Back