• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Auto insurance

Now, if you had a Ford Model T it wouldn't even be a concern.

DocL, you are amazingly perceptive, I asked these questions while trying to decide on the insurance for my Ford Model (G)T.

Part of my due diligence was to call my current insurance company (USAA) and ask what they would offer me (what process they would go through to value my vehicle) if my car was totaled due to somebody else's fault.

DocL, you are amazingly perceptive, I asked these questions while trying to decide on the insurance for my Ford Model (G)T.

Part of my due diligence was to call my current insurance company (USAA) and ask what they would offer me (what process they would go through to value my vehicle) if my car was totaled due to somebody else's fault.

I have USAA for all of my insurance. They source out to American Collector Insurance for cars that we are discussing. Have you asked them about it?

I have USAA for all of my insurance. They source out to American Collector Insurance for cars that we are discussing. Have you asked them about it?

I believe I did ask USAA and the $s saved vs the restrictions (and the potential of being not covered) and the fact that I got treated fairly with my NSX claim led me to the (personal) choice I made.
That being said, most of the "high-end" car owners I know use a "stated/agreed value" policy.

I just got online quotes from Hagerty and Grundy. Hagerty quote $1400/yr while Grundy quote $740/yr for the same agreed value. I wonder why such a big difference. Grundy did asked for more detailed questions than Hagerty though.

I just got online quotes from Hagerty and Grundy. Hagerty quote $1400/yr while Grundy quote $740/yr for the same agreed value. I wonder why such a big difference. Grundy did asked for more detailed questions than Hagerty though.
You may want to be candid with them and give them a few "typical scenarios" of how you MIGHT use the car (...go to the grocery store, unexpected detour to the hardware store on your way back from Cars and Coffee, one day drive to work since your daily driver is in for maintenance, etc...) and see if the car is covered.

To me it was like early dial-up internet (pay by the minute)...it was tremendously liberating when I got "unlimited-time" usage. There are already sooo many concerns when I take out a "special car" that I did not want insurance coverage to be another one.

Using clear-bra on the car was also quite liberating!

My homeowners and autos are coming up for renewal so I often shop around for good rates and coverage. Nationwide cannot write a policy for the Acura, so they farmed it out to Hagerty and I received their quote yesterday, guaranteed at least 50K total replacement, which I guess is pretty good. So I am assuming Hagerty will guarantee different prices for different years, mods, conditions, etc. Their quote is nearly double what I am paying with Liberty Mutual.
attachment.php

Attachments

• RiddleGeorgeHagertyProposal_Redacted.pdf
    685.9 KB · Views: 23
This topic has been beaten to death. Compare each quote, apples to apples, and then you'll decide which is better for you.

This topic has been beaten to death. Compare each quote, apples to apples, and then you'll decide which is better for you.

But sometimes it's fun to hear the same thing again now & then, and occasionally, and/or either annually, once a year, or every 12 months or so. :)

I'm calling Grundy this week to see what I might find now that I have spring fever here in Pittsburgh...

But sometimes it's fun to hear the same thing again now & then, and occasionally, and/or either annually, once a year, or every 12 months or so. :)

I'm calling Grundy this week to see what I might find now that I have spring fever here in Pittsburgh...

You do know what the definition of insanity is Jinks? Do we need to get you a psych evaluation? LOL.

You do know what the definition of insanity is Jinks? Do we need to get you a psych evaluation? LOL.

Please don't confuse me with the fellow who has a clear handle on how to handle is wife, I mean NSX, I mean love of his life, I mean his NSX, much better than most anyone I know.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/200820-Jinks-engine-build-thread?p=1934002#post1934002

Right now I'm the guy with one love in my life and am not sure how I'd fit in a 2nd one...don't tell her.

Back