• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone own or Driven an Lexus LS460?

Hi,

i am on the hunt for a new sedan. Recently took a new job that will have me driving 250 to 300 highway miles a week. Was looking for a late model luxury sedan that is comfortable, reliable and all wheel drive. Have been looking on line and keep coming back to the LS460 (2009 or later) as one of the best combos of price, reliability and AWD. Have not driven one yet. It seems like you can get relatively low mileage used ones for less than 45K.

was just curious if anyone on prime has owned one and could give me some feedback.

Other recommendations for sedan also welcome.

Thanks

I think you're on the right track if you need AWD. I did this exact search months ago and I really really study and research my shit. A used lexus sedan wound up being my second choice, I went with a slightly used but much newer and lower mileage hyundai genesis sedan. They are stellar bargains used and a close competitor to the LS. I can write a book as to why, but not sure that's necessary as you need AWD. Their new 2015 model is AWD and it will cost you about the same as a used lexus but lexus is solid and I'd have no issues buying a slightly used one. It's also very safe.

- - - Updated - - -

A set of dedicated snow tires and you may not need AWD though...

I think you're on the right track if you need AWD. I did this exact search months ago and I really really study and research my shit. A used lexus sedan wound up being my second choice, I went with a slightly used but much newer and lower mileage hyundai genesis sedan. They are stellar bargains used and a close competitor to the LS. I can write a book as to why, but not sure that's necessary as you need AWD. Their new 2015 model is AWD and it will cost you about the same as a used lexus but lexus is solid and I'd have no issues buying a slightly used one. It's also very safe.

- - - Updated - - -

A set of dedicated snow tires and you may not need AWD though...

LS 460 is an excellent choice but a bit pricey. If you are not married to AWD, the suggestion to check out the Genesis is spot on. I have a 2013 and it is terrific! You could find a low mileage 2013 for around $20,000 or a 2014 for $25,000, I would guess.

I've driven them a few times. Built like a tank. Smooth and very relaxing place to be. I think it would be great for what you are looking for.

LS 460 is an excellent choice but a bit pricey. If you are not married to AWD, the suggestion to check out the Genesis is spot on. I have a 2013 and it is terrific! You could find a low mileage 2013 for around $20,000 or a 2014 for $25,000, I would guess.

Honestly it's the biggest used car bargain in all of luxury car land.

Lexus is the way to go!

Former owner. Wouldn't mind getting back into one someday. The miles fly by when you're behind the wheel. There are allot of electronics in these things as with most new cars. I had a couple random things go on my CPO that was luckily covered under warranty. The cost would have been a couple grand out of pocket. Parts are fairly expensive as most are unique to the ls. General maintenance items are reasonable though and it's pretty easy to work on after you take all the bs plastics off.

First gen Hyundai Genesis sedan is where it is/was at. I preferred the outgoing model vs. the redesign.

Other contenders for me would be the (current) 9th gen Accord sedan or the 2nd gen MMC RL (I believe '09+).

There are other pre-owned high'end "bargains" out there, but the aforementioned seem to be the most refuel-&-just-drive platforms in the marketplace while still offering quality/safety/comfort/performance...

Hi,

i am on the hunt for a new sedan. Recently took a new job that will have me driving 250 to 300 highway miles a week. Was looking for a late model luxury sedan that is comfortable, reliable and all wheel drive. Have been looking on line and keep coming back to the LS460 (2009 or later) as one of the best combos of price, reliability and AWD. Have not driven one yet. It seems like you can get relatively low mileage used ones for less than 45K.

was just curious if anyone on prime has owned one and could give me some feedback.

Other recommendations for sedan also welcome.

Thanks

go with the Lexus. the Lexus dealers treat you the way you thought the BMW and Porsche dealers would treat you. and Lexus are stone cold reliable.

Lexus LS460 is one of the best 4 door luxury car ever. Hands down! I almost pick one up myself. :wink:

Try buying some brake rotors, ignition coils, or various other parts for the lexus, price them out, then price out the ones on your much newer and still under warranty genesis that you got for the same price as the older, out of warranty LS. Then look at what those cost, and how the lexus parts are triple the price. As far as service, hyundai has a special phone line just for Equus and genesis sedan owners and they will kiss your ass and fix anything for you. 10/100 drivetrain warranty and 5/60 bumper to bumper.

Back