• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX fellas called to the rescue

HDA

Experienced Member
NSX fellas called to the rescue..UPDATE!

This is tricky.

My AC condenser FAN motors are dead.

Step 1 - find aftermarket parts. Too bad all the "Four Season NSX Condenser fan motor" that you see around DO NOT fit the NSX.
Step 2 - order OEM, too bad they are out of stock with no ETA for part number 80151-SL0-A01
Step 3 - ask on NSX Prime!!! :) :)

Does anybody have spare motors around?
Do you know anyone who does these kind of repairs?

Thanks!

Last edited:
You might pm Dirk. He doesn't really post but I have purchased from him before. Yes I believe he's in Germany {I think} but I was very pleased with the shipping timeframe. I was surprised at the stuff he has.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACURA-80151...Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e90389a11&vxp=mtr

I would ask for actual pictures before buying, but this is what you are looking for. If you need it installed then go to IDB Racing. Really good prices on labor. If that doesn't work out then you can always ship the motors off to someone to be rebuilt.

Thank you guys!!!
Jeez +$500 for 2 AC fan motors? :(

I can justify that amount for 2 pipes welded together and called exhaust but for the AC ...:( :( :(

WOW! thats expensive.
Are you sure that it's the motors? It's weird for both of them to go out at the same time.

I am 99% sure. The AC sends the signal but motors will not spin even when direct signal is given from a different battery source.

ok do you have the motor out of the car already?

Have you tried to match it with other honda/acura motors?

Post a picture if you can...I have a few fan motors I can look at to see if any come close to match it.

ok do you have the motor out of the car already?

Have you tried to match it with other honda/acura motors?

Post a picture if you can...I have a few fan motors I can look at to see if any come close to match it.
Yes - motor is out of the car and it is the one on the left of this picture (Mitsuba M1906). The motor to the right is the four season "supposed to be" replacement.

http://s14.postimg.org/ng2h2jdpd/nsx_motor_ac_fan.jpg

if you put mitsuba M1906 on google you find nothing related to it... :(

So you tried hooking everything up with the Four Seasons motor and it didn't work correct?

Like I also said you can try to get your old motors remanufactured somewhere. I am sure that would be a cheaper option than $500+.

So you tried hooking everything up with the Four Seasons motor and it didn't work correct?

Like I also said you can try to get your old motors remanufactured somewhere. I am sure that would be a cheaper option than $500+.

Correct.

I am fine rebuilding the old motors - I just do not know where would they do something like this.

I'd get a test light and test the hot wire that is going directly into each motor before I went any further. It is weird that both failed at the same time.

I wonder if that is the right four seasons motor. Did you get the motor from Autozone?

I'd get a test light and test the hot wire that is going directly into each motor before I went any further. It is weird that both failed at the same time.

Yes, check it with a test light and make sure you are getting both power and good ground. You might not have a good ground or the relay has gone bad.

So the new motors from Honda came in...They now work perfectly and the AC blows cold even when idling. Too bad the hot season is now over!

Just FYI this is not an easy job, you need to be a mechanic to do this OR you are at home unemployed OR you really want to do it - I recommend you to take it to the shop. They had to remove the front bumper and the condensers, then unscrew some very long screws and this had to be done by 2 people working on it at the same time.

I do not wish this to anyone!

Although the hot season is leaving, you need these to properly operate the defrost so it's good that it's done.
So the new motors from Honda came in...They now work perfectly and the AC blows cold even when idling. Too bad the hot season is now over!

Just FYI this is not an easy job, you need to be a mechanic to do this OR you are at home unemployed OR you really want to do it - I recommend you to take it to the shop. They had to remove the front bumper and the condensers, then unscrew some very long screws and this had to be done by 2 people working on it at the same time.

I do not wish this to anyone!

You have a good point.

Did you guys ever use the CCU rebuild services on Ebay? I need to send mine in for the common fix, I do not know if the ebay offers are better or not than BrianK on NSXPrime.

Most folks use BrianK. However, the last time i spoke with Carl, he indicated he knows someone in town that can repair the CCU.
BTW, I need to pull mine and get it fixed, but have been too lazy.

Back