• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Giving Dale Ramsperger a casual ride in HPDE4 at INDE during a NASA-AZ Event 10/14

Coz

Legendary Member
Taking Dale out for causal a ride along in DE4

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YL3Hl1dWW0s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dale was slumming.......:tongue:......btw how is his track car coming along? tell him we need updates...

LOL...

Its actually starting to make progress. Its off the rotisserie.
I will let him know to get off his butt and post some updates.

Coz, i'm at the stage where I am trying to look way through turns, like as far as the eye can see..and its hard and un-natural.... a good example/training for me is trying to view this video and remain focused 2-3-4 cars ahead of you, or 1/4 to 3/8ths of a mile ahead you and not look the at turn-ins and apexes but use peripheral vision. So far its near impossible, so doing this exercise will be part of my Winter training.

Absolutely, the first thing I do is look as far down the race track as I can. The rule is, the car will go in the direction your looking.
I see beyond a corner because I've already planned my attack around it, I know whats coming up and I set up for it as far out as possible.
If you can learn to look beyond where your at, you'll always have a better idea where you should be and going.
Think of a race track as not so much of a bunch of corners, but more as a layout and a smooth way around it.

Driving in traffic is always different than driving in an open track. Much harder to look down the track as far as possible since cars block your view.
Driving in traffic takes a lot of practice learning how to anticipate moves of the car in front of you, behind you, and beside you....all while driving your own car.
Lines change, Braking points change, Acceleration points change, everything changes.
Seat time, seat time, seat time !

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a couple of examples of keeping the track ahead focused as well as the cars around you during a comp school we were teaching.
Lots going on you need to be aware of.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MhieoCRp92Q?list=UUdM8DrmSDrxJSb5yDZnlUAg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/soZ7akbwUsE?list=UUdM8DrmSDrxJSb5yDZnlUAg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Back