• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Im just curious, who here actually dailies theirs?

Daily driver on notoriously bad DC-area roads. Over the past 22 months of ownership, I've driven 74 miles a day on weekdays (to/from work, errands, picking up wife in the District, etc.) with frequent road trips up/down the East coast on weekends. I've put 51K miles on the car through summer heat, spring storms, and winter salt/snow. I actually gave up my previous car because I just stopped driving it entirely. The NSX is all I've got when...

I go to Costco:
Rzz8YSX.jpg

Camping:
AGrCdKA.jpg

Ikea:
5TX61bD.jpg

Bad weather:
0OGbI3J.jpg

For anything the NSX can't handle, we use Zipcar (rarely happens: we've borrowed a Zipcar about twice a year so far only). Rolled 134K coming back from NSXPO 2014.

- - - Updated - - -

Three things I've learned so far daily-driving:

In my area, I absolutely needed to raise the car up. I was slammed on sagging Eibachs/Bilsteins and I loved the look, but it was completely impractical in the DC-area. I ended up solving this problem two-fold: moved up to KWv3 suspension and installed the iLIFT Systems VRH kit.

Either accept that you will get rock chips, or take steps to protect your car. Initially this was heartbreaking, but then I got over it. I have since redone the front of my car and am now going for Xpel PPF, so that should keep my car in great shape for a long time to come.

Tires. Tires tires tires. I go through about two sets of rears a year and one set of fronts. This year I am gonna get smart and actually get winter tires swapped on next month, so that should work out well: half the year on winters, half the year on extreme performance summers. I think that will work out well.

You sir are an inspiration to us all...

Back