• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Im just curious, who here actually dailies theirs?

Im talking 6-7 days a week

I do as well. work 4 days and off 4 days and drive it everywhere.

Ok cool bc i do too for the most part and i was curious bc reading on here i find a lot of comments that deal with people not driving theirs as much and so it made wonder if there could be something i dont know that i should potentially worry about

Daily. Even went into Oakland once, which made me a bit nervous, until I realized everyone thought I was el jefe.

I parked it in a surface lot once for a show at the Fox theater. Madness!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok cool bc i do too for the most part and i was curious bc reading on here i find a lot of comments that deal with people not driving theirs as much and so it made wonder if there could be something i dont know that i should potentially worry about

It's a lot easier to keep the car in pristine condition (assuming it comes to you that way) if you don't daily it. If you do, it will end up with its share of daily driver dirt and battle scars. I know I *could* daily mine but the wear and tear would bother me (not to mention I already go through one set of tires a year and if I daily'd it, it would be more.)

I parked it in a surface lot once for a show at the Fox theater. Madness!- - - Updated - - -It's a lot easier to keep the car in pristine condition (assuming it comes to you that way) if you don't daily it. If you do, it will end up with its share of daily driver dirt and battle scars. I know I *could* daily mine but the wear and tear would bother me (not to mention I already go through one set of tires a year and if I daily'd it, it would be more.)
Yea I completely understand that, thx for giving a reason to why someone wouldnt

Yea I completely understand that, thx for giving a reason to why someone wouldnt

Sure. I dailied mine for about a year, but mine did not come to me in perfect shape, more of a restoration project, and I realized that daily'ing it was messing up small things as fast as I was fixing other small things, so my list of small things to fix didn't actually get any shorter. Now I drive it once a week max and am making steady progress on my list :smile:

I was driving mine 7 days a week, then 3rd child and I wanted something with more room so I have been driving a Honda odyssey for 2 weeks now LOL

I drove my NSX 3 times since then. she looks sad sitting there don't worry I will get back on her again.

like humans if you let a person sit and rot away they die...... if you let you NSX sit and rot it will die.

almost like older people that retire and die sooner than if they stayed working for the hell of it ay know.

i did i for about a year. I got annoying as hell after a couple months not being able to go into certain places due to being so low, dumb ass drivers nearly running me over daily, having to go slow over speed bumps, parking far everywhere to avoid dings. Worrying about the car 24/7 when it was parked outside, so stressful lol. Don't get me wrong, it was fun to drive at times, but it was annoying as well. I'll never daily the car again.

I do. I have put on 67K since August 2010 when I bought it, for a total of 127K and running strong. I waited too long to get the NSX to let it sit in the garage. It's a Honda after all and meant to be driven daily.

I daily mine, what is the point of owning it if you don't enjoy it. If it were a weekend car it would never get driven due to seat requirements for the family.

Same as rope. What is the point of owing it if you don't enjoy it. M-s sometimes sunday too. 6~7 days a week.!! Awesome car

It's not only fun, but good for your car. One thing Kaz always stresses in his blog is that regular driving is good for this car. It keeps the brakes from rotting/seizing, the engine stays clean and shiny from the hot oil, all the moving parts stay lubricated, etc. Drive em guys- that's what they are for! I got snow tires so I extend the fun to the winter. NSX is great on the snow.

I still drive mine at least once a week. Just not to work or around the corner for groceries.

It's not only fun, but good for your car. One thing Kaz always stresses in his blog is that regular driving is good for this car. It keeps the brakes from rotting/seizing, the engine stays clean and shiny from the hot oil, all the moving parts stay lubricated, etc. Drive em guys- that's what they are for! I got snow tires so I extend the fun to the winter. NSX is great on the snow.
a light car good on snow?... sounds fun

Engine is over the rear drive axle, so it is planted. With the X-ice3 tires, I blow by 4x4's on the highway. You should see the looks I get. TCS and ABS really help and I can't wait til I get to experience the new ABS this winter. Honestly the car is uneventful in even the worst snow storm with this setup. Defrost works great and she gets nice and toasty in the cabin. I'm sure our Canadian owners would agree. :)

Back