Feedback Score
    29 (91%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up NEW!! BC Racing Type ZR Triple-Adjustable Coilovers Prototype Set

Hello Prime,

I am pleased to present the first set of NSX BC Racing Type ZR Coilovers in testing @ SCW Performance!

We have just finished installing these on our shop NSX. These look phenomenal in every way and are very well designed. Before anyone jumps the gun and asks "how much?", we don't have pricing yet.
    I will announce pricing once these are marked for production. I just wanted to inform you that a new product is in the works, and we will be testing these over the next few weeks providing feedback for BC, as well, these will be on display at SEMA Show for those of you who will be attending.

Coilover Specs - 14K Spring Rate, 30-Way Adjustable Dampening, 16-Way Adjustable High-Speed Compression, 12-Way Adjustable Low-Speed Compression - External mount reservoirs - Full billet upper mount and shock body, hardware brackets etc.

I can tell you just from the initial adjustments here in the shop, the dampening adjustment is off the chain. Its super sensitive with even the slightest adjustment. You can definitely feel the difference at different settings.

Tomorrow, we road test!

Out of the box height, with plenty more room to go lower if you so desire. I prefer functional street-usability so I don't think I'll go much lower than where I'm at already. We'll see. It's about a 1-finger gap.

Last edited by NSX1145; 10-15-2014 at 17:10.
    NSX Prime Vendor Listing: SCW Performance http://www.s2carbonworks.com
    2000 NSX-T - Silverstone/Onyx - Volk TE37's, Taitec GTLW, SCW GT Coolant Tank, GT Intake System, Radiator Panel, Radiator Brackets, Seibon Wing, DF ducts, ..More to come!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks top notch , can't wait for the full review and price ;-)

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are the low and high speed compression adjustments? I only see one knob.
    '05 silverstone. CTSC. ARC Titanium. GT1-F1 headers. JRZ Race dampers, Carbon Ceramic BBK.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice dampers. The High & Low speed adjustments seem to be on the external reservoir. Turbo, notice there are two knobs on top of the external. Please let us know how well they work.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice. I hope they come in the KW V3 / Clubsport price range.

Feedback Score
    29 (91%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, good news. After my test driving this morning I can say I am definitely impressed. The car is very nice to drive, and my settings are still on the softer side. It's not nearly as harsh as I thought it might be given the spring rates, the car is very easy to predict and pretty much eliminates a majority of the body roll during hard cornering. On my current setting it feels very comparable to the Bc BR types, which are very popular with the Nsx community.

Turbo, there are 2 knobs on the external reservoir for the low speed / high speed compression, and 1 knob on the damper.
    2000 NSX-T - Silverstone/Onyx - Volk TE37's, Taitec GTLW, SCW GT Coolant Tank, GT Intake System, Radiator Panel, Radiator Brackets, Seibon Wing, DF ducts, ..More to come!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I noticed it's a knob on top of another knob.
    '05 silverstone. CTSC. ARC Titanium. GT1-F1 headers. JRZ Race dampers, Carbon Ceramic BBK.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way to nice looking to hide behind the wheels.
    NSX, making drivers smile since 1991.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is great. BC also can rebuild/customize your BR Type to this or ER, RM, etc. When my BR's finally die, I'm sending them in to be upgraded to this. Should solve the "damper fatigue" I get near the end of the day on a HPDE session.
    1991 NSX Berlina Black / Ivory
    2009 RDX | Turbo Grocery Getter

NSXCA Member

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, this should probably be moved to the Suspension forum.

NSXCA Member

Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are the shock dynos of the suspension? Did they provide you with any? That is one of the fundamental ways to judge a coilover setup.

Feedback Score
    29 (91%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I don't have any dyno paperwork as this set doesn't even have an official part number yet remember this is a prototype set

Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mean to start anything, but not having a part number shouldn't matter. BC should have the dyno sheet, and it should have come from the R&D that is done on the prototype.

The part looks like it was machined well.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance you could have them add 10 mm to the front mount cups? Kaz discovered the front shocks on the BR Type cannot get the front suspension to the OEM height. The max height on the BC is about the same as the NA1 NSX-R, which isn't bad, but the system should be adjustable to stock.

NSXCA Member

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jones83 View Post
    Where are the shock dynos of the suspension? Did they provide you with any? That is one of the fundamental ways to judge a coilover setup.
    Not every coil manufacturer has an expensive shock dyno, nor do they actually test on an actual car.

Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TURBO2GO View Post
    Not every coil manufacturer has an expensive shock dyno, nor do they actually test on an actual car.
    I am not talking about every manufacturer as that is an easy way to get off topic. I am talking about BC Racing currently, and their lack of a dyno sheet. I am trying to be fair and at least ask for a dyno sheet. It is not hard to get a set of shocks dyno tested. Your statement comes off like you are defending BC Racing for not having a dyno sheet for each of the coilovers when it should not be acceptable to anyone that actually wants to use those coilovers to race with. I won't even start with dyno sheet inconsistencies because there isn't one to speak about.

BC Racing has a shock dyno for their other shock for the NSX. You can also get dyno sheets for other cars as well if you ask for it. I don't know if BC Racing has their own dyno(probably not as they are a lower grade Taiwan company) or if they rent one for R&D, but at least they have attempted to get some of their shocks in the past dyno tested. Even though their test are usually scarily inconsistent.

What you just said is the equivalent of getting a head ported and then not wanting a flow chart after to read/understand the new limits of the head. If a company that makes shocks can not supply a shock dyno and they have never tested on the car it is supposed to be installed on then that company is obviously not doing any respectable R&D on their product. You can make your own judgment call on whether or not you feel that it is worth buying at that point.

Bottom line: You should have a dyno of each damper.