• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 JH4NA21664T000007 Salvage 4 sale

shawn110975

Suspended
Guys I thought it was my old 2004 for a second had to check the vin LOL

anyway poor thing any one on here have something to tell us?

Vin is JH4NA21664T000007 miles at time of wreck 41,415.5

easy fix

resizer.jpg

JH4NA21664T000007.jpg

fsdvfdvfd.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I really tired of not being able to post the VIN in the WIKI Salvage List

- - - Updated - - -

I hope people are saving the pics of them.. I normally name the pic the VIN of the car so not to ever forget

- - - Updated - - -

they estimate 40K to repair LOL I can fix it for under 3K doesn't look bad insurance adjusters are morons at some locations

Where is it for sale and how much? If Shawn can fix it for under $3K... someone should buy it (assuming the wreck is being sold at a good price) and have Shawn do his magic!

Do you own a bodyshop with paint booth and frame machine with knowledge of pulling aluminum frame rails Shawn?
For 3K to fix the car your properly just use bondo and hammer to fix it and then the car will looks like .....

3k seems crazy cheap but if you had access to an nsx totalled on the opposite side this should be fixable.

shawn has worked some incredible miracles on the past!

I'll buy it shawn... where is it?

Shawn, where is this for sale at?

Do you own a bodyshop with paint booth and frame machine with knowledge of pulling aluminum frame rails Shawn?
For 3K to fix the car your properly just use bondo and hammer to fix it and then the car will looks like .....

your new so its Ok .... Yes I own an NSX repair shop and yes I have access to everything to fix this car and Bondo is something that will never touch any of my NSX builds so help me god.

the frame would be tested by my frame guys and laser and all points measured

if you know how the NSX is shaped where it is hit is not a frame issue I would assume this car only needs rear quarter and a new door and new upper B pillar then panels adjustments and paint to match the rest then an alignment to make sure.
then the whole car would be sanded and buffed to a new mirror like finish.

now not knowing its history I would do timing belt/waterpump all 21 hoses and call it a day.

its being sold on IAAI insurance site will prob sell for about 29-35K 100%

- - - Updated - - -

what even more funny is I already have the parts it needs in the same color " Silverstone " mint so basiclly put the already painted parts on the car and drive it

LOL

but you never know there could be control arms bent, but 100% fact the frame is not bent

Last edited:
your new so its Ok .... Yes I own an NSX repair shop and yes I have access to everything to fix this car and Bondo is something that will never touch any of my NSX builds so help me god.

the frame would be tested by my frame guys and laser and all points measured

if you know how the NSX is shaped where it is hit is not a frame issue I would assume this car only needs rear quarter and a new door and new upper B pillar then panels adjustments and paint to match the rest then an alignment to make sure.
then the whole car would be sanded and buffed to a new mirror like finish.

My point is if you dont do it yourself or have your workers do it for you in house then no way you will get that done at $3000 (unless your just replacing the B pillar/ used door and used 1/4 panel and then yes it will be less than $3000 and still making some money to pay for the over head :) and also your missing out the targa section....not the the driver side B Pillar.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/VehicleDetails.aspx?auctionID=0&itemID=17815949&RowNumber=0&loadRecent=True

+1. All due respect, etc...IMHO with the damage shown in the second picture, even best case scenario at under $3000 to repair the damage you're doing one of three things:

1. Donating labor
2. Donating materials
3. Taking a short cut

or a bit of all three...

Last edited:
I can bid and purchase from both IAAI and Copart you need a broker or be a registered member/dealer

Curious as to how this pans out.

Great respect for Shawn and his abilities.....however, I'm with the others I don't see this being done Properly for $3k, the B pillar is pushed in quite a bit, door, rear quarter panel and rear hatch need to be replaced...just for starters.

This area of an NSX chassis is built VERY Strong, so this car got a good wack to sustain this type of damage.

Bram

ry%3D400

Guys who cares if it's 3k or 6k to fix it without seeing the car. Just like a paint job may cost one person 5k and and another 10k. Some one can plug this into Mitchell and get a labor time for argument sake and then it's just parts cost, which is where these cars get totaled out.
I think Shawn just wanted to point out it's a potential deal for someone to get into an ez fix car and save some cash when it goes off in a few weeks, rather then stress that he could fix it for 3k. Or the more likely scenario - to get a member to explain how they let this happen to their car !

Normal people can sign up on a broker site like autobidmaster.com and try their luck if they really want.

I wonder why I even post anymore everyone knows everything

just thought someone could get a great car since the insurance companies are KNOWN to total cars because a rear quarter panel is 2500 dollars

they wash their hands of it instead of tring to fix them. FACT.

- - - Updated - - -

Im thinking about buying it just to prove another point

we all remember how the sub frame if cut will weaken it...

- - - Updated - - -

they said it wasnt strong LOL I made my point clear LOL not beating a dead horse but this is an eppic pic of my NSX I was scared if it fell off it would do some real damage but I did it and made my point

2014-08-21_13-01-20_966.jpg

Hey Shawn,
First of all, I just wanna point out there are more damaged than just what your seeing from 3 of your pictures not all of them from IAAI's site.
I didnt mean to call you out or anything but I just dont wanna anybody or myself take your post seriously and buy the NSX and ended up with lots more money than just $3K to repair it.
Please dont buy it and prove it to me or Pbassjo that you can do it, swapping parts or stripping the car out and put it back is easyyyyy...but cutting it and fixing then putting it back together is aint cheap.
I just leave it to a pro :)
Just my.02 cents

This vehicle would not be a total if the damages were 3k, 6k, or 9k. They would not total the vehicle if the damages were 25k. The bench mark of 75% is fairly common. That's 75% of the value of the vehicle prior to the loss.
Using a Tampa Florida zip code as the location basis in the N.A.D.A. The pre-tax value of this car would be $66,200.00.
75% of that would be just shy of a 50k repair figure.

Using that figures as a illustration it would be unlikely to have this vehicle totaled using the repair numbers tossed about this thread. I believe that the repair numbers being suggested in this thread are not realistic if one expects to put this vehicle is pre-accident condition.
A 40k repair figure does not seem unrealistic.

Most certainly this thread was made with the best of intent, but, if this forum is to help and inform owners and potential owners then we need to get some the numbers at least in the ball park, not Fantasy Land.

Last edited:
my vision is going..I thought that was Transylvania...:eek:

I think pbassjo has 2 NSXPRIME accounts LOL

" I just leave it to a pro :smile:" who says I am not? What defines a Pro?

Is this your car I posted or are you the adjuster for the said insurance company

LOL.
I am not Pbassjo or the adjuster....just lets say someone that disagreed with your opinions.

Is this your car I posted or are you the adjuster for the said insurance company

Do you really want to go there? LOL

Shawn, I have been giving advice on this site for many years and many of your posts. opinions and advice fall right in the center of my expertise and knowledge so yes, you're going to hear from me on those topics. Please do not think I am on the hunt for you. I am not but if my opinion differs from yours so be it. You sometimes state things that I know are just wrong and/or untrue and I let most of it go because I don't see how it makes a difference and, the merit, or lack of, is often obvious without anything having to be said by me or anyone else. Peace out.

Last edited:
Back