• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hey New York

$_57 #3.jpgAnyone out east that could ckeck out this 2001 Silver for me in Newburgh, NY. Do I need to worry about bad weather driving this car to Arizona first week in November, and if so, any recommendations for a good shipping company?

Thanks in Advance,

Mark

Get in touch with Larry Bastanza, not too far from him, he's the best NSX master mechanic, and past ex-President of the NSXCA. Nobody knows the car better. It'll be the best money you can spend. If it needs repairs, he can do it better, for less. As far as the weather, you should be fine driving back home, if the car passes Larry's PPI!!!

Brian from source 1

If the car checks out and you end up deciding to ship it back to you, I would use Thomas C. Sunday. That's who I used when I shipped my car from California to here in NJ.

I'm right across the Hudson River from Newburgh but I'm not a mechanic by trade. I have bought a bunch of cars in my life though and could give you an honest impression of what I think of this NSX. Larry would be the guy to hire if you really want to protect your investment. As for the weather; typically we don't have any snow in New York until December. That's not to say it can't happen. Unless there is a freak storm that comes through you should be fine driving back to Arizona especially since you'd be heading south. Let me know if you'd like me to take a look at the car.

I met Larry at the 2008 NSXPO in Portland, and I agree, he is an icon in our community. Is he in NY? What is his handle?

His "handle" is Larry Bastanza, and he posts tech advice often (see "clutch fell to the floor" current post). He might be only 4 feet tall, but he's a giant in the NSX community. He lives in Warwick NY, but works in NJ

Is this the NSX that's on eBay? I saw the auto check shows that it was in a right front collision.

fyi mods don't delete threads unless there is a gross rules infraction,or a serious religious/political maelstrom...

I actually believe I sold the original seller a set of SSR 18/19 wheels I had. Seemed like a very nice guy. Had owned the car for many many years and never really drove it much he said.

Get in touch with Larry Bastanza, not too far from him, he's the best NSX master mechanic, and past ex-President of the NSXCA. Nobody knows the car better. It'll be the best money you can spend. If it needs repairs, he can do it better, for less. As far as the weather, you should be fine driving back home, if the car passes Larry's PPI!!!

I understand that Larry is currently a past President and he is also currently an ex-President .............. but I didn't know that he was also a past ex-President!

I understand that Larry is currently a past President and he is also currently an ex-President .............. but I didn't know that he was also a past ex-President!

RPM217 is correct. Roger went past him one time when we were all traveling together in a caravan from an event. I saw it.

RPM217 is correct. Roger went past him one time when we were all traveling together in a caravan from an event. I saw it.

More than once! When he was in my garage last week, I passed him many times!

.I think many pass OVER him........:tongue:

More than once! When he was in my garage last week, I passed him many times!

Hey Roger..........if you passed him, then you must have been behind him in third, maybe fourth...........so now that you're comfortable back there it won't be so hard the next River Run :>))))))))))...............

Hey Roger..........if you passed him, then you must have been behind him in third, maybe fourth...........so now that you're comfortable back there it won't be so hard the next River Run :>))))))))))...............

In my garage, my cars are always in "first place", me on the other hand, I'm usually "behind the wheel"!!!

its all love....:smile:

That car doesn't look very practical - why would you want to buy one of those??? lol

Back