• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"Other" NSX's by platform / layout - General Motors prototypes

Recently was a guest for second time at General Motors Corporation's Heritage Center in Sterling Heights, Michigan.

Many historically significant vehicles there, some rotating and some mainstays.

First as a prototype 1973 Aerovette (Corvette) and then in 2002 as a Cadillac Cien, GM and Chevrolet played with rear-mid platforms, the '73 Aerovette mid-rear transverse V-8 and the 2002 Cien longitudinal rear V-12 racking up some 950 BHP.

Mods feel free to move to off - topic if you wish, I simply wonder what these prototypes would have meant if ever produced. Hope you enjoy the photos.

This rascal would have been the 70's aluminum bodied "all-motor" (Chev short block V-8) bad a*s dude.

So fast-forward twenty-nine (29) years..... not to say there were no (other) significant GM production/prototype/concept vehicles, but can you claim you would not have a serious look at this 2002 Cien concept? :eek:

950 BHP 12 cyl

Not the best photographer but wanted to share what's there. More muscle than a man should see. If you ever wanted to see a man in a conundrum, send him there and tell him to pick JUST 1. :biggrin:

Great pictures! I've never seen a Cien before, I really like it. Was the digital display in the Aerovette similar to the one in the 80's Corvettes?

Hmmm, good question! I didn't really pay much attention to the driver's I.P. Guess I was more fascinated by how that Chev short block would perform - sorry :redface:

That Cien looks terrible imho. But the Aero Vette, definitely channeling Miura.

- - - Updated - - -

Great pictures! I've never seen a Cien before, I really like it. Was the digital display in the Aerovette similar to the one in the 80's Corvettes?

I found this video: http://youtu.be/zm8J0rIb4v8 Looks like the digital display is a lot simpler than those of the 80's corvettes.

For 1973, the areo vette appeared ahead of its time. Actually looks fairly decent IMO.
Thanks for sharing!

That Cien looks terrible imho. But the Aero Vette, definitely channeling Miura.
Not feeling the Aero Vette. It reminds me of this old Corvair show car: http://www.carstyling.ru/resources/concept/large/1962_Chevrolet_Corvair_Monza_GT_Show_Car_01.jpg
But I think the Cien is awesome. Saw it at the Detroit auto show years ago and couldn't take my eyes off it. Even have a 1:18 diecast model of it. But I'm a sucker for sharp lines .. love most of the recent Lambo stuff starting with Gallardo.
In the recent discussion about mid-engine C8 Corvette, there have been references to the Cien.

GM took some of the styling ques of the cien for the slr roadster....rear end esp.

Need more pics!

Back