• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bilstein HD+H&R springs or something else

I've spent a considerable amount of time searching on the forum about this. My budget is limited and I don't plan to put too many miles in my car. But I definitely would like a slightly lower ride and less car roll in the corners, while keeping it comfortable in the street. For the price of the bilsten + H&R combo, is there a better solution for street&track day use?

Last edited:
+1 for zanardi/koni yellow combo not expensive for the performance.

+1 for zanardi/koni yellow combo not expensive for the performance.
Looks like for $401.82 + $38.56 shipping you can get the Zanardi springs and add to that the Koni Yellow shocks for around $744.40 from E-shocks.

I ran Bilsteins on a Prelude and an Audi and liked them but I regretted putting them on my NSX. I used the lower perch with stock springs. Ride was very hard(much more so than a Zanardi) and it would bounce over bumps which was not good in the corners. Couldn't wait to take them off. Now I'm on KW V3 and am very pleased.

Last edited:
How about just the Bilsteins on the lower perch (keeping your OEM springs). That seems to fit all your requirements.

Bilsteins + Eibach Pro kit, I feel H&R may be too low.

How about just the Bilsteins on the lower perch (keeping your OEM springs). That seems to fit all your requirements.

I just had this done to my car. The ride feels OEM, and the stance is improved........"win win"!!!

I just had this done to my car. The ride feels OEM, and the stance is improved........"win win"!!!

So besides the visual difference, any handling improvements?

Still searching for a good picture of OEM socks plus H&R springs, to see if 1.5" is too much of a drop for me.

Last edited:
Check out OyATL's build thread. He's on this combination on the lower perch (18/19):

DSC_0883.jpg

DSC_0933.jpg

DSC_0963-2.jpg

So besides the visual difference, any handling improvements?

Still searching for a good picture of OEM socks plus H&R springs, to see if 1.5" is too much of a drop for me.

You don't really want to put lowering springs on oem shocks since oem shocks are meant for a softer spring typically and the valving is designed specifically for that type of spring or range of springs using. You could put H R springs on but I wouldn't expect the OEM shocks to last very long. I'd pair the springs with bilsteins or koni's.

You don't really want to put lowering springs on oem shocks since oem shocks are meant for a softer spring typically and the valving is designed specifically for that type of spring or range of springs using. You could put H R springs on but I wouldn't expect the OEM shocks to last very long. I'd pair the springs with bilsteins or koni's.
On bilsteins. I meant oem height :)

Back