• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

For the die hards.

I wonder if these make noise like normal cassette? Those winding noise as it turns.. great alternative for those who want bluetooth without having to install aftermarket deck.
Since i already have the old grom audio unit, i went and bought this:
http://www.amazon.com/iClever®-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-Convenient-Activation/dp/B00GJFGDYC

No cassette noise. Plug directly into the grom unit using the 3.5mm jack... now i can stream music and have hand free talk. Must be a replica of the Kinivo piece.. similiar design..

I have this.. I actually stumbled across it in the thread here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/184091-Nav-Pod-with-NavTV-install-a-few-added-goodies. No noise like a normal cassette, and the sound is actually VERY GOOD when streamed from the iPod. I couldn't be happier as I am one who did not want to go the double din route nor hack up my console for an aftermarket stereo. The most I would probably do is a NavPod install with a Garmin unit in the future if I absolutely decided I needed navigation.

Man, oh man, do I need this. My current cassette with the wire thing looks so ghetto. This is a step up. Now, will that work with hands-free mobile calls?

I prefer OEM console look, I had this product on my previous Acuras. I highly recommend this product if you prefer to keep your OEM radio.

It's also convenient if I get a call while driving, I just answer on the phone then I put the phone on my arm rest for the duration of the call.

Last edited:
Nice!!! Going to go get one today...thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Update- went and picked it up and I am stoked on this thing!!!!

Best $39 dollars I've spent in a long time!!! ( got a $10 coupon online) :biggrin:

Thanks again for posting!!!!

Btw, there is a great new app out "free music downloader" which is awesome..... All sorts of great remixes, covers and original music on there for free!!! Check it out....

Can you charge it with the cassette still in the player? I was debating on getting another OEM radio to have the internals swapped out, but this may work.

Base on some reviews online, you cant. Because the charging port is too low when the cassette is inserted. You can always bring it inside to charge. Should last throughout your drive time. I am still debating. Judging from amazon reviews, there are a few small downside. Bluetooth re-pairing, it doesnt auto pair each time you turn the car on. U must manually push the button on the cassette to pair (Hass, please correct me if im wtong on this). Require recgarge. Cant charge while being use. No mic. Cant use hand free calling (may nit be issue for others). Built in battery may not be as good down the road.
Now these are all base on reviews from users on amazon. Actual experience may differ.
On the other hand, it look cleaner. No extra wire hanging all over the place. Work as intended. If you dont need hand free calling or just put your phone on your lap when needed.

Base on some reviews online, you cant. Because the charging port is too low when the cassette is inserted. You can always bring it inside to charge. Should last throughout your drive time. I am still debating. Judging from amazon reviews, there are a few small downside. Bluetooth re-pairing, it doesnt auto pair each time you turn the car on. U must manually push the button on the cassette to pair (Hass, please correct me if im wtong on this). Require recgarge. Cant charge while being use. No mic. Cant use hand free calling (may nit be issue for others). Built in battery may not be as good down the road.
Now these are all base on reviews from users on amazon. Actual experience may differ.
On the other hand, it look cleaner. No extra wire hanging all over the place. Work as intended. If you dont need hand free calling or just put your phone on your lap when needed.

No you can't charge while using, but it comes with a USB charging cord that you can use with a USB type phone charger in case you are on a long trip or something you can use the car charger and just listen to radio or cd while charging...it says it last six hours on a full charge, so doesn't seem like it would be much of an issue anyway unless you forget to charge over night...as far as pairing goes, I guess it depends on what phone you're pairing...it only took seconds with my iPhone ... Working great with my playlist, pandora and Sirius app!!!

Love this thing!!! :biggrin:

Btw, you can get the $10 off coupon from the retailmenot app.

Last edited:
BTL3.0, it's $40.. Trust us, it's $40 well spent. Believe me, you will thank us. Radio Shack also has a liberal 30-day return policy if you don't like it. I don't drive my NSX everyday but the times I've used this, it has worked perfectly for my needs (which only included listening to a few of my favorite playlists on my iTouch). The iTouch goes in the ashtray, and if I REALLY need to answer a call while driving I have my LG HBS700 bluetooth headphones I keep in the center console.

BTL3.0, it's $40.. Trust us, it's $40 well spent. Believe me, you will thank us. Radio Shack also has a liberal 30-day return policy if you don't like it. I don't drive my NSX everyday but the times I've used this, it has worked perfectly for my needs (which only included listening to a few of my favorite playlists on my iTouch). The iTouch goes in the ashtray, and if I REALLY need to answer a call while driving I have my LG HBS700 bluetooth headphones I keep in the center console.

Jermaine, I'm getting one now!

It does require you to press the button to pair once. I press the button only to turn it on, my phone automatically connects. Most vehicles with Bluetooth require more "work" to connect with the phone.

Like mentioned above, it's only $40 with a 30 day return policy.

I'm thinking about this one from ION: http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Cassett...r=8-1&keywords=ion+cassette+adapter+bluetooth

They're about 22$ on eBay.

I bought a wired cassette adapter for my OEM headunit, and the sound was terrible, and even on max volume on phone and headunit, it was very quite.

Does anyone have experience with the ION one in their OEM headunit?

I'm just rockin some CD's right now, so it's not that big a deal.

Update. These things are awesome!!! I ran a test to see how long this thing could go without charging... I've had mine in my car for over three weeks now without charging and it still works..

Obviously I don't drive it every day or for very long, but nice to see...

The sound quality from CD to this thing is very minimal and depending on the download it is unnoticeable .....

Best $40 bucks I've spent in a long time.....:smile:

Update. These things are awesome!!! I ran a test to see how long this thing could go without charging... I've had mine in my car for over three weeks now without charging and it still works..

Obviously I don't drive it every day or for very long, but nice to see...

The sound quality from CD to this thing is very minimal and depending on the download it is unnoticeable .....

Best $40 bucks I've spent in a long time.....:smile:

Hey 91 X - You bought the Radio Shack model, right? If so, I am curious if the Ion has the same level of build quality and an inexpensive alternative.

Anybody buy the ION yet?

R
Hey 91 X - You bought the Radio Shack model, right? If so, I am curious if the Ion has the same level of build quality and an inexpensive alternative.

Anybody buy the ION yet?

Yes I have the RadioShack one...I'm sure the ion one will work,but for a few extra bucks get the one that will work for sure.

Back