• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Importing NSX-R?

hi guys, I might be moving to Australia in the next couple of months. I have a 1994 NSX-R that i would like to bring along into Australia if possible. Just wondering what sort of option do I have to bring the car in and get it register in Aus? I bought the car couple months ago from Japan and its in Hong kong right now but i havent get it register and roadworthy in Hong kong due to hefty tax. Is there any company can do that for me? Thanks in advance guys!

- - - Updated - - -

did a little research i guess the personal import way isnt going to work for me as i didnt get it registered in hk. what about SEVS or RAWS? i understand they sell NSX in Aus but i guess honda dealers never sell any NSX-R?

Last edited:
I think you'll have trouble.

The rules (AFAIK) are that you have to prove ownership and usage in the country you owned it in for 2 years before personal import rules allow it into Australia.

Yeah there is so much problem's trying to import cars into Australia overall... due to the amount of rules they have only way is to import it as a personal property which like Cambo mention you have to show the personal usage or the car...

Welcome to Prime red_jdm!
The general feeling is that it would be difficult and only one Type R was registered in Australia and that got in years ago under a loophole which was then closed.

Having said that it would be great to see you get the car into Australia and as you have owned it overseas you may find a way.

Good Luck with it!

thanks and i will keep you guys posted with the update. It will be nice to join the nsx gathering in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

some pics of the car...

2014-10-21 22.14.55.jpg20140924_095805.jpg

At yet another enjoyable NSX day last weekend in Adelaide (onya Les!) we met a very enthusiastic japanese gentleman owner who is in the process of emigrating to Australia (with his lovely Australian wife) and bringing his genuine NSX-R . He has owned it for many years in Japan ... hence he can actually do this

wondering are there any update re importing the R? if I have been owning the car for more than 2 years, how much do I expect for the whole process cost?

Still thinking if its worth to do it or buy one locally instead...

Appreciate for any suggestion.

Cheers

Hi 4811,
It is possible to import a NSX-R into Australia one was personally imported by a Japanese owner who has moved to South Australia recently. The process is straight forward but lengthy but not impossible and I believe more time was spent with complying paperwork than parting with $'s.
Please PM me and I can forward the Japanese person who went through the process contact details.
BTW where are you looking to move to here in Australia.

Back