• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Very annoying

Hi Lud,

i don't know what was done or when, but my Prime Browsing experience is very bad.

Windows XP and Windows 7, with any browser, but Chrome is less slow than IE and Firefox.

- Huge delay until the top ad appears... until then i can't do anything but wait as nothing is "clickable"
- Huge delay when to do a quick reply or a full reply... the edit text box and icons are very slow to appear,
and i start writting and it do one more stop to refresh whatever and then it comes back.

I'm finding myself checking the new posts more often on the iPhone with Tapatalk than on a PC.

My questions:

- How much more do i have to contribute to remove any ads i see ?? (if even there is such an option)
- Is there anything i can do, in terms of configuration, for the edit slowlyness i'm experience??

Thanks,
Nuno

I concur. The implementation of the banner ad is a big downer in browser experience. We need to optimize better guys especially with so much traffic going to Facebook and IG we can't afford to lose existing users due to a crappy browser experience.

- - - Updated - - -

btw.. i don't mind ads at all.

lol..until that top ad fully appears its like hitting a moving target to get to a thread of interest...and i sometimes hit the wrong thread...like that dang ebola one :wink:

I too would be interested in knowing what contributions would be required to get rid of ads.

Interesting. FWIW, I have never experienced slow performance on the NSX Prime forums. And there are other forums that I frequent where the loading of ads is excruciatingly slow, but Prime is not one of them. On the PC, I'm using Firefox with XP. On the iPad, Safari with iOS 6. I have my browsers set to only accept cookies from visited sites.

Just wanted to offer this data point, as a way of helping the admins troubleshoot the issue.

And I wouldn't mind paying to eliminate ads.

I remember reading a while ago that it has become more slow due to some sort of new "cloud server" being used, i forgot the name of it. I hate how it logs me out automatically after about 10-15 minutes even if i am actively browsing.

ok so for me its a browser issue. I have a dell pc with windows 8.1......the annoying pause and shift with the ads only happens using chrome...when I surf using explorer smooth as can be......so must be my computers os hating on google...

I got the problem on IE11 here - and on Firefox (latest, up to date) at home where my PC is uber-fast and yet, the browser will hang for a while when opening a new link from the forum. I also confirm the experience is smooth on my tablet.

Hi,

i must also add that the NSX Prime Chat also increase the slowlyness... and i have it minimized to the plain title bar only.

About the browsers...as i said, Chrome is the faster one...still a lot slow, but faster than the others

Nuno

yes on my old pc with xp pro chrome surfing was much faster than with explorer...but now with the newer pc and latest windows os explorer trumps chrome....for me at least.

FWIW I hadn't noticed this, (Firefox+Win7) each page comes up quite quick enough, and then the ad comes up maybe 2 -3 secs later, but it doesn't stop me. Although I agree the ad can cause a minor resize / relocation as I'm looking. Nevertheless I would like to have option to subscribe for no ads (on principle!) but I can see that would undermine the business model for selling ad space.

I am getting the ad delay but I'm not sure it's my problem .. which is that once I'm ready a thread, it seems I need to click twice to get out of it. I think maybe it was just that I wasn't waiting long enough for the ad piece to finish but every time I click on the 'back' arrow, I do get the spinning circle busy indicator and it then finishes but I don't get the previous page. I have to click on it again and it always works the second time. I'm using Firefox on Windows 7.

I have been able to reproduce the problem and believe I have isolated the issue. I'll work on fixing it this weekend. When it occurs it is definitely annoying.

:smile: Nothing worse than having your favorite site not working correctly. Thanks for fixing this.

Page load speed should now be substantially improved in all browsers that were having issues before. If you are still seeing a page load speed problem please post your browser and version and I'll check into it!

On Chrome, all the forum threads are big gray full screen boxes. I switched to IE so I can post this.

- - - Updated - - -

Turning off ad blockers fixes the gray boxes. The only reason I even use adblockers are because a few different sites I go to fail to work because of the ads.

Back