• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cisco AnyConnect on an iPad

I am looking at getting my wife an iPad to function as an "at home laptop" so that she doesn't have to lug her work laptop back and forth from the office. It would also provide all the standard cool iPad functions as well, which is a bonus.

I watched the Cisco video on AnyConnect, but I am still curious about a few precise things such as:

1) Can she grab a document off her shared work hard drive, modify it and attach it to an email to send off to someone else?
2) Can she grab a document off her shared work hard drive and save it some where local to her iPad?

Seems like there are more than a few technophiles here, so I am hoping someone has bumped elbows with Cisco AnyConnect and iPads and can chime in with some hands on experience.

Thanks!

1) Can she grab a document off her shared work hard drive, modify it and attach it to an email to send off to someone else?

2) Can she grab a document off her shared work hard drive and save it some where local to her iPad?

Once connected with AnyConnect, it is possible to use a SMB client on the iOS device to connect to either her private folder or a public folder. I just tested both using the FileExplorer app, which I happened to have on my phone. The FileExplorer app gives options to email a file or save it to a local location, such as Dropbox/iBooks/QuickOffice/Drive/etc.

Thanks!

I know the better answer is to get a Surface, but the cost barrier there is a bit of a disincentive. I have an ipad2 that I can trade in to Best Buy for $200 off a new iPad Air 2, and that seems like a good way to clear out my old tech.

Yea those trade-ins are great. I traded two first-gen iPads to Target to get our current Air.

I think your wife might try to get a surface from work but she wasn't as convinced.

Back