• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FS: 1991 NSX Berlina Black on Black JH4NA1150MT002868

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sold - Thank you Prime!

1991 NSX: VIN:
JH4NA1150MT002868

CURRENT MILEAGE: 101,000 on frame, ~29K on motor
COLOR (EXT/INT): Black on black
TRANSMISSION: 5-speed manual; SR8M trans code (outside snap ring)
PRICE: $25,500

Additional Information

NUMBER OF OWNERS: 6: Owner 5 listed here on Prime, owner 4 listed here on Prime and had a build thread. This is quite possibly the best-known car on this forum at this point.

CLEAN TITLE: Yes, clean Illinois title; no liens or blemishes; copy of NYS title available as well (it was clear of blemishes)

CARFAX: I pulled one; I will share mine you can pull your own; expect it to show issues but no salvage-title history

HISTORY OF ACCIDENTS: Yes, but details are unknown.

HISTORY OF PAINT/BODYWORK: Paint is poor (ten feet away and after a wash, looks good.) No idea on bodywork. See note above.

MAINTENANCE HISTORY/ DOCUMENTATION: I have a file of receipts for work beginning with original owner. What it shows is a chain of owners that matches up to the titlework and the names of all the dealerships where you can call and get service histories. The important mechanical information (motor, transmission) I can trace. I have the low mileage donor motor and other work with receipts. I have the original window sticker for when it sold new. There is a thread (see link above) on here about significant mechanical work having been done to this car.

I have replaced the leather seats, door panels, window regulators, speakers (doors, kick panel – but not the center), new antenna, dyed the carpets (all cosmetic to the interior.) Mechanical work I have done includes addressing some oil leaks, upgraded to Dot 5.1 brake fluid,/bled the brakes new tensioner pulley for a/c, CV boot and front knuckle ball joints (all four of them – from Steve Ghent.) I have a recent alignment as well (can share the results).

There are no known modifications.

GENERAL: The car runs well. Motor and transmission pull very strong. VTEC is there as expected. Error codes are not lighting up. Mechanically, the car generally is as it is supposed to be. I am selling it because I understand the frame is not as new (rail issues) and that affects the alignment. The car drives straight but under hard braking will pull (lightly) to the right. When I checked that out, I learned about the rails having been replaced/repaired. If you look at the alignment, the camber on the front and rear are not identical. I am told that I can buy a camber kit, etc. I am not going to chase that stuff down. I am not going to spend any more on this car, so I am selling. I have the frame shop report showing where the car is out of compliance and the most recent alignment specs. I will share that with interested buyers.

I have some recent photos that I will post here. Many more for interested parties.

As always, ask many questions. I am an open book. I want the next owner to be comfortable with the situation.

While we are on the topic, I am selling this to buy a perfect, mint, one-owner model. If you have one and want this in trade, I am ready to buy.

Here is a photo before I raised the car back up to stock height.

Attachments

• NSX Cropped.jpg
    NSX Cropped.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,248
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back