• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bmw i8

Saw one of these up close today, and although I am not a huge BMW fan I was impressed! MSRP is around 140K, so I wonder how it will compare to the new NSX? 427 HP Hybrid is pretty impressive!

Aesthetically it looks better than the NSX imho.

There isn't much in life that offends me, but that fake engine noise...
clint-is-offended.gif

have seen one driving yesterday. Looks awful to me ... technical wise its really interesting though ...

Bernhard

Saw a grey-blue I8 at

Grayson BMW dealership in Knoxville, TN, when we picked up a real nice 46 K mile 2008 TL Type S last month.

Pretty radical design.

Pretty radical price.

looks a little evora-ish....

Wasn't there a south park episode where people started buying hybrids, where the smugness created from all the owners' giddiness from being seen in cars with "look at me I'm in a hybrid" styling caused the town's LA-style smog to dissipate and then be blanketed by a cloud of smug?

To share the wealth...since a co-worker stained my eyes when looking at the i8....he said the rear looks like it's giving birth to a Porsche. Once you see you it you cannot unsee it...

bmw-i8-3.jpg

Wasn't there a south park episode where people started buying hybrids, where the smugness created from all the owners' giddiness from being seen in cars with "look at me I'm in a hybrid" styling caused the town's LA-style smog to dissipate and then be blanketed by a cloud of smug?

To share the wealth...since a co-worker stained my eyes when looking at the i8....he said the rear looks like it's giving birth to a Porsche. Once you see you it you cannot unsee it...

wow! That is so true...thanks..I think :biggrin:

You should add that to your many visuals of "separated at birth" :biggrin:

eeewwwww and it has its own episiotomy

On second thought, pooping a Porsche seems more accurate. Or is that, on thought number two.

I see one rolling by my windows every other day. Looks futuristic for sure. It's just this is not Europe with all the crazy gas prices and restrictions on using v8 and such in the city limits. 150k buys you so much. Many options that would make my blood boil (viper, v10 r8, 991, GTR, F-Type coupe etc)

Hardest car to get in and out of ever! I can't believe nobody mentions this. Also who wants a 150k car that shares its 3 cylinder gas engine with a mini? You guys should go drive one and you will understand

Yes

The gt40 is easy provided you have room to swing the door open. The i8 issue is the sill is high, but the door doesn't open that high (scissors up) so you have to squeeze through the space diagonally

Wait til it needs a speck of service..... see how underpriced it is. :eek:
True. I have two BMW's (one is my company car), and I hate to get them serviced. BMW dealer here is very difficult to deal with.

On the other hand, I imagine servicing the new NSX will be pricey as well. Lots of new technology.

bmw-i8-3.jpg

HAHAHA!!! That is so true!

The dealership near me in Santa Monica is selling their i8's with a $100,000 markup, for a grand total of $250,000! :eek: :eek:

Back