• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ScienceOfSpeed Stage 3 3.5L engine and TT at 53,000 miles.

At the epicenter of the Zombie Apocalypse
Thought I'd pop in a let everyone know that at 53,000 miles on the SoS setup there have been absolutely no issues. Charlotte regularly dispatches even the latest Eurojunk with extreme prejudice. Thank you Chris, Wade and everyone else at SoS. :)

How have the tranny,axels, and clutch been holding up?

Last edited:
I'll stick my head in here too. 605rwhp x 22k miles, plus 675rwhp x 5k miles, and counting. SOS stage 2 on a 3.2l motor.

Being merely 1K miles into my stage 2 SOS, posts like this makes me feel that everything that I have been through to this point will have been worth it!

I'm curious what kind of regular maintenance (other than oil changes and the major stuff obviously) needs to be done to run around at these power levels Hugh/peiserg? Is it as simple as check that oil and coolant are in good condition and at appropriate levels or are you constantly having to do little things here and there? I'm trying to get an idea so i'll be ready when I finally go turbo.

Thanks in advance...

I'm curious what kind of regular maintenance (other than oil changes and the major stuff obviously) needs to be done to run around at these power levels Hugh/peiserg? Is it as simple as check that oil and coolant are in good condition and at appropriate levels or are you constantly having to do little things here and there? I'm trying to get an idea so i'll be ready when I finally go turbo.

Thanks in advance...

With 58,000 miles on my 3.5L TT engine, the only thing that differs from maintaining a stock motor is the fact that since it is a stroker, it will consume oil. I check the oil level, tire pressure, coolant level, brake and clutch fluid levels at every other fuel stop. (And you should too). During a 3,000 mile oil/filter/Auto-Rx change interval, the motor consumes about 1 quart of oil. Other than that, the engine follows the same maintenance schedule as a stock motor. See pages 4-4 & 4-5 of the online service manual in case you don't own a hard copy.

I'm same as Hugh, a quart of oil every 3k was predicted on deliver of car, and that's where it has stayed. What it has really consumed aside from numerous crotch rockets, gtrs, Porsches and vipers is half shafts and clutch.

Back