• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Last drive of the year 11-23

Hi Les,

Could you please add Jennifer and Kyle for this drive and for lunch. Thanks!

Yea! Kyle turns 18 on 24th. It will be a fun celebration drive for us to Yellow Deli just like his brother had for his 18 birthday last year.

^^^Happy early b-day. Make sure he buys a lotto ticket on his bday(just so he can get carded also) :tongue:

I would like to add my name (Chris) and going solo, no lunch.
This has been a horrible NSX-drive year for me:biggrin::frown:

Last edited:
I know some of you have been concerned about the construction on the Ortega Hwy(74) and the 5. I drive past this every day to work so I will give you the latest, as of this morning.

Going north on the 5, both the off ramp and on ramp are open. You can only proceed East toward Lake Elsinore.

Going south, the off ramp is open but the on ramp is closed. This means you can exit onto the Ortega Highway if you are coming southbound. All traffic is being diverted east toward lake Elsinore. You can not go west toward the Mission.

I'll keep an eye on it this week to make sure it keeps open. If we have the same weather as today, it will be a beautiful drive.

I know some of you have been concerned about the construction on the Ortega Hwy(74) and the 5. I drive past this every day to work so I will give you the latest, as of this morning.

Going north on the 5, both the off ramp and on ramp are open. You can only proceed East toward Lake Elsinore.

Going south, the off ramp is open but the on ramp is closed. This means you can exit onto the Ortega Highway if you are coming southbound. All traffic is being diverted east toward lake Elsinore. You can not go west toward the Mission.

I'll keep an eye on it this week to make sure it keeps open. If we have the same weather as today, it will be a beautiful drive.

Thank you, JC. Good to know. :smile:

Road construction on the 74 and 5 seems to be never ending. I don't know why it takes so long to complete a project.

Thanks for checking that out for me JC.

Road construction on the 74 and 5 seems to be never ending. I don't know why it takes so long to complete a project.

Caltrans construction time frames mirror yacht repair. You get a quote, then increase the digit by one and the time frame by the next increment.

Example;

2 weeks = 3 months
6 months = 7 years

Now you will never be disappointed with road construction time frames any more.

Looks like I'm going to have to drop out of this drive. I'm going to need the weekend to take care of a mess before a trip. Glad I was able to make it to the track day or this may have been the first year I didn't participate in anything NSX group related since buying the car.

Hopefully I'll make up for it next year :)

And that's b/c one guy is working while 8 other guys are pointing, watching, supervising, and supervising the supervisor:biggrin:

Caltrans construction time frames mirror yacht repair. You get a quote, then increase the digit by one and the time frame by the next increment.

Example;

2 weeks = 3 months
6 months = 7 years

Now you will never be disappointed with road construction time frames any more.

Well that explains a lot, thanks JC, now I wont get frustrated with the work rate.

Hey Les, I've waited a while to confirm that Maria and I were joining... My car interior has been in pieces for some time and I wasn't sure I'd have it back together. Still not sure, but sign us up. I think I'll have the door panels installed. John

Sorry for the delay. Was waiting for confirmation from my friend Josh to see if he was available to attend.

Please put us down for both the cruise and lunch. We'll see you guys at JITB at 10:00am.
Thanks.
James

Quick update on the 74/5 junction. No changes to my previous post, the route is open for Ortega highway going east from the 5. They did have a rock slide about 3 miles east of the 5 but I'm sure that has been cleaned up by now. I'll let you know if there is any more changes.

Brownies going in the oven. Irene should get a big one since she'll be there before Jonathan takes the extras home.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys, a family thing came up and we are all heading out of town this weekend. Sadly I will not be able to make it.

:frown: Oh, poo!

Just in time for the last drive of the year.
Les, please add Gregory to the list. Unfortunately no time for lunch :(

What an awesome day. Lots of corners, good friends and a beautiful day. Lunch at the Yellow Deli was a great ending. Thanks Les for a wonderful collection of drives for 2014.

Les, I've been reading two books by Theresa Caputo, the Long Island Medium, and part of the gist is that we each have our gifts or talents to bring to the rest of the human beings. One of yours is organizing these drives. You may not think they matter much but they do. I think we had about 17 cars today and everyone one of us enjoyed ourselves because you made this drive happen. I would never have the fun I do driving my NSX if it weren't for you organizing these drives and lunches. I know you get some help but you're the top dog and I want you to know I (we) truly appreciate what you do for us. Thank you.

^^ Posts like this make me wish I lived in Cali! You left-coasters should be so very thankful you have Les organizing these drives. Consider me jelly.
PS: Lookin' good, Patty!

Last edited:
Back