• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX coming to Detroit 2015

Summer 2015 delivery for US cars is really not that far away. I wonder how long before we get official pre release info like price, options, and performance figures.

Summer 2015 delivery for US cars is really not that far away. I wonder how long before we get official pre release info like price, options, and performance figures.

Could you elaborate on where you found out delivery would start summer of 2015?

A couple days ago, I learnt from a japanese magazine, I forgot what is the title of the magazine, but they said that it will be at the end of 2015.

I could be losing my mind but I'm sure I've read in several places that us deliveries will commence mid to late 2015 which I took as meaning summer at the earliest, with European deliveries commencing early 2016.

I can't reference links but I'm sure there were several sites repeating that same info so I assumed it was official.

I could be losing my mind but I'm sure I've read in several places that us deliveries will commence mid to late 2015 which I took as meaning summer at the earliest, with European deliveries commencing early 2016. I can't reference links but I'm sure there were several sites repeating that same info so I assumed it was official.

There have been lots of references to a 2015 delivery over the past few years.
I believe the latest position is an official launch at the Tokyo Motor Show in Oct 2015.
Normally an official launch precedes deliveries so I'm not sure there will be any customer deliveries before that.
Usually there is a event with media people driving/testing etc. in advance of the launch so the various magazines/websites can release their articles to coincide with the official launch.
However Honda is pretty tight lipped about new models so not sure anyone other than Ted Klaus and co.know when customer cars will be delivered.

Just like the first NSX the new NSX will be revealed at Chicago Auto Show 14-22 Feb 2015(Dealer sources)

I believe the new NSX will be first seen in the US at the Detroit Motor Show in early 2016.
The official launch is supposed to be in Tokyo in October 2015.
Where did you hear the new NSX will be revealed in Chicago in Feb 2015?

I believe the new NSX will be first seen in the US at the Detroit Motor Show in early 2016.
The official launch is supposed to be in Tokyo in October 2015.
Where did you hear the new NSX will be revealed in Chicago in Feb 2015?
Prepare to be pleasantly surprised (performance figures also) Feb is not that far away....Happy Thanksgiving

Prepare to be pleasantly surprised (performance figures also) Feb is not that far away....Happy Thanksgiving

Terrific news and much sooner than expected!
Does this mean deliveries may come in 2015?

Last edited:
2015 Honda NSX sells out ahead of Detroit motor show debut

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/detroit-motor-show/2015-honda-nsx-sells-out-ahead-detroit-motor-show-debut

Pretending that the camouflage is a wrap, I sure do like the front better w/o the pronounced beak! I anxiously await the auto industry to get past the audi badge/shield lemming fad and get back to something more "full looking" in front.

honda-n-spy-2014-001.jpg

That is starting to look pretty sweet. I like the vents behind the front wheel wells and the larger side intakes look very aggressive.

75,000 pounds would be about $118K which seems like a bargain for the technology and performance that it offers.

Also nice to see that the British are signing up. I think 100 orders are more than they sold in the UK in the last three years of the first gen combined.

Its also very encouraging to see it driving on the streets. Might represent an assurance that they have fixed or addressed the risk of burning up.

Now if they could just lengthen that rear deck about 4 inches.....

in the last three years of first gen the NSX was already a 15 year old design so those are pretty good numbers too :) what other company produced any car for so long? Maybe Mercedes with SL roadster but totally different ballpark. Oh and Yugo too :D

those vents on the front hood if real mean they have some big heat soak issues.

For those who think 17/18's look like offroad donuts that show way too much rubber, is it good or bad news that the new NSX may not leave much opportunity to scratch any itch for slamming, lower aspect ratio tires, and hellaflushing? Will the only option be to go Thomas the Tank style, a la Jeremy Clarkson? :)

NAXrg.png

those vents on the front hood if real mean they have some big heat soak issues.
At his NSXPO dinner address, Ted said that they were dealing with "thermal airflow mgmt" issues .. or some words similar to that. Which might also explain why the side intake has been significantly enlarged (ie. starts lower on the door). Don't think it had anything to do with the meltdown at the 'Ring as he implied when questioned, that that was caused by a mechanical failure and had been redesigned.

All this talk of evolution of styling and vents is lost on me as I'm not familiar enough with the various different concepts to identify the changes.

Has anyone lined them up pictures to enable a spot the difference?

During the NSXPO a Honda employee told me that this year's auto show concept will look very close to the production model.

Back