• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX coming to Detroit 2015

while this sound is probably "enhanced" I can't hear the turbos spooling which means it is probably very low pressure turbo delivering ~400 hp without electric motors

Really love the wheels. Way better looking than the concept ones! I'm getting quite excited about its unveiling.

01/12/15 release date another year before you can get your hands on it kiddies.

while this sound is probably "enhanced" I can't hear the turbos spooling which means it is probably very low pressure turbo delivering ~400 hp without electric motors

What nonsense.

The revs are barely climbing, the accelerator could be just squeezed for a slow overtake type of maneuver. The boost target could be zero at that point meaning the turbos are just about idling, no reason why you'd hear them at all. In addition, most standard production cars have noise and emissions regulations to adhere to which usually result in quite restrictive breathing. There aren't many production standard turbocharged cars where you can hear the turbos.

Even the stock GTR turbos, which are not low pressure, are almost inaudible when the car is stock.

..I just jizzed my pants................

th

You ain't cool unless you jizz your pants.

th

I always thought there's no way the new NSX could possibly live up to its illustrious predecessor, but this picture right here is making me doubt that theory... I am excited beyond belief..

qlgwh07edfnouptb91dl.jpg

Awesome. Beyond excited. May have to drive up to Chicago to see this thing when (if) it comes to the Chicago Motor Show in Feb.

I wonder if Ito will rev it and drown out the rest of the show like Kume did in '89. :thumbup:

By the way, filed rotors are bad as they create stress risers which result in much quicker cracking. Got jokes as you describe they should be cast.

- - - Updated - - -

we'll see :)

I could be wrong but your only assumption that they are low pressure turbos is not being able to hear them. As I said above that sounds clip doesn't sound like the gas is pressed to any significant degree and even if it were, in all other high power turbo cars out now, in stock form, you can't hear the turbos. I've driven the Gtr, all breeds of 911 turbo and recently the 650s and mp4, and none had audible turbos.

I think you are jumping to a massive conclusion, but it is possible, just unlikely based on that evidence.

Drilled rotors would have looked so much better

There are two versions of the video. One has bright, steel-looking brake rotors. Those appear to be CGI to my untrained eye. I suspect to make them more visible. The other version of the video shows dark cross-drilled rotors. They appear to be typical carbon rotors, again to my untrained eye.

http://youtu.be/fRrPBdmW85A

I could be wrong but your only assumption that they are low pressure turbos is not being able to hear them. As I said above that sounds clip doesn't sound like the gas is pressed to any significant degree and even if it were, in all other high power turbo cars out now, in stock form, you can't hear the turbos. I've driven the Gtr, all breeds of 911 turbo and recently the 650s and mp4, and none had audible turbos.

I think you are jumping to a massive conclusion, but it is possible, just unlikely based on that evidence.

this is recorded from outside no, quite close to the engine I'd say? I'm talking about noise when you are outside close to the engine compartment.

I find it hard to believe they will shutdown the plant after all the money they spent building it. They spent over $1 million just on the floor to keep it museum quality. That website does not list any source.
I PERSONALLY know that is complete BS....

You guys are showing your age haha welcome to the internet!

Not gonna lie. That video looks 100% CGI. Lighting is just too soft/perfect, don't believe the engine sound is legit either based on what we know about the drivetrain.

The release date will be near the time when the dealers' master mechanics get training for it in OH. If it's made on confirmed orders only then sales will be very low because most non nsx owners will want to test drive one beforehand. It will be like the LFA, a halo car that doesn't sell.

LFA cost $350,000 providing the performance of a $250,000 to $300,000 Lambo or Ferrari. LFA doesn't sell because it's too expensive instead of no test drive.

LFA cost $350,000 providing the performance of a $250,000 to $300,000 Lambo or Ferrari. LFA doesn't sell because it's too expensive instead of no test drive.
Actually I believe the LFA cost north of 450,000. Atleast here in Canada but even in the States it was definitely more than $400,000. The only thing nice to said about it was the incredible sound it made. Other than that, it was just seriously outclassed.

I'm saying it wont sell if its made to order. Just like LFA couldn't find one on a showroom floor if someone wanted to test drive it first. Almost every Audi dealer had a few R8's throughout the year, don't think some dealers would have sold any if they were made to order.

Back