• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

who hit the wall at the Nurburgring

My favorite is the car right after the NSX. Didn't hit anything, got seriously tippy.

I find it really hard to believe that motorcycles are allowed on the course (I suppose it was Nurburgring) the same time as cars. Crazy, no way I'd go out with bikes, too much chance of truly catastrophic outcome I wouldn't want to be a part of.

Everything is allowed on the Ring at the same time, bikes, beaters, etc. as it is considered a toll highway. The bikes do come up on you quick sometimes, but in the 6 or 7 laps I did, there were no bikes off the track or involved in incidents. There were several cars stuffed in the wall though, the first one only a couple of corners after I got on the track. The pavement was quite wet for all but a two of my laps. I expect the bikes tend to shy away from those kind of conditions there. I know I would!

I ride and race motorcycles too. I don't think I want to be on that road with some of these drivers. But I would love to do this run on my bike

I've never tracked before and would only try during one of my first NSXPO. But after seeing this, I don't think I will ever track. Maybe a slow run on a track, that's about it. I can't imagine trashing my NSX like the way they did.

There is no need to trash your car just because you take it to a track. My main concern would be the other drivers out there. I'm not real keen to track my NSX either, but it would indeed be fun. I would probably be more comfortable taking the S2000, as I have owned it for a lot longer than the Acura. I'm quite familiar with how the S2000 feels with the rear stepping out, not so much with the NSX. I go through enough rear tires just driving on the street.

Nah not enough carbon bits, fuel cap cover, wing is standard among others. But he does test there

Back