• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

auto transporter recommentation

Did a quick search and the most recent response was from 2011, so I thought I'd give it another short. I'm moving from SF/Bay Area to Austin, Tx, and wanted to know if anyone has a good recommendation for an enclosed auto transporter service. Also, what should I expect to pay ballpark?

thx!

I had a great experience with Scotty Crews of Quality Transport who took my car to Maryland recently for a mechanical refresh.He was prompt and careful,and kept in touch.This is a father and son company with two trucks,and they do single car enclosed transport,no cars stacked on yours to leak on it.He was recommended to me by the local Ferrari dealership,who said they had used him for a long time,and he was the best they had ever used.He actually had the Ferrari 275 GTB/4 NART which sold for $25 million a while back in his truck at one point.I was honored to have my nsx in the same spot.

This is a small company,no website,which operates primarily on word of mouth.His price was competitive with the bigger carriers,and I felt like my car was not just a commodity to be jammed on a truck.

Here is the contact info-

[email protected]
336-362-4940

Last edited:
See picture #3 in my recent thread, give them a call, small customer focused operation, they really care about the cars. Tell 'em Bruce from NJ who just moved the NSX from CA says hi.

Last edited:
I have used both intercity and jp logistics to ship my nsx. They are great but not cheap. Jp logistics picked up my car in San Diego after two days. I believe they are based in LA. Expect around $1500 or so .

For regular cars I have used Dependable Auto Shippers a few times with no problems.

Last edited:
I have used both intercity and jp logistics to ship my nsx. They are great but not cheap. Jp logistics picked up my car in San Diego after two days. I believe they are based in LA. Expect around $1500 or so .

For regular cars I have used Dependable Auto Shippers a few times with no problems.

I've only shipped one car in my life, and that was eleven years ago, but DAS worked out very well for me. I was extremely happy with everything. This was an E36 M3 that I had shipped from North Carolina to California in six days for ~$1,000 in an enclosed trailer.

I've only shipped one car in my life, and that was eleven years ago, but DAS worked out very well for me. I was extremely happy with everything. This was an E36 M3 that I had shipped from North Carolina to California in six days for ~$1,000 in an enclosed trailer.
Agree. I used DAS 5-6 times in the past ten years to move my DD west to east coast to Midwest and back without a single issue. They are not high end but their price is reasonable and service is good. Don't let the negative internet comments about DAS scare you.

Ok I ship cars quite often, maybe 4-5 per quarter so here's my tips and insight into this "industry:

a) For cross-country shipping there are really only the big 3 names, almost everyone else uses brokers in some shape or form. Big 3 I'm referring to are Passport, Autobahn, and Horseless Carriage. Average price to ship a car from coast to coast is $2500-2800 depending on the route you are needing.

b) DAS is a wonderful company with "ports" in almost every big city and work great for shipping normal cars (s2000, BMW, Mercedes, etc) and they contract out for door to door on high end cars like my last R8.

c) For regional shipping, there are many smaller mom/pop places like my contact who is based out of Monterey. He ships mostly up and down the west coast and is very personal meaning he is in direct contact with you from point A-B. He shipped my GT3 picked up at a dealership and met me at my final destination outside my residence.

P.S. Autobahn ship for Audi NA and many big name car companies so they are very professional and own all their own trucks. Horseless Carriage shipped my first car many years ago when I relocated and they are also great but sometimes their shipping pickup times can be like 3-weeks out so may not be good if you are in a rush. Any questions let me know, I have been doing this a long time :)

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. To the OP, in case you are wondering in Norcal, DAS's port is located in Livermore off the 580/Vasco road exit so it's cheaper to have the car shipped to the port there and you go pick it up vs. having it shipped to your doorstep for obvious reasons.

P.S. To the OP, in case you are wondering in Norcal, DAS's port is located in Livermore off the 580/Vasco road exit so it's cheaper to have the car shipped to the port there and you go pick it up vs. having it shipped to your doorstep for obvious reasons.

Good advice. I opted to ship port to port. I originally had it door to port, but was told that I would save $400 by driving it an hour and a half out of my way (but closer to the airport) to get it to a port. The port on this side was in Hayward, I believe, so it wasn't too far from my house.

Good advice. I opted to ship port to port. I originally had it door to port, but was told that I would save $400 by driving it an hour and a half out of my way (but closer to the airport) to get it to a port. The port on this side was in Hayward, I believe, so it wasn't too far from my house.

DAS port used to be in San Lorenzo but they moved about 4 years ago to Livermore off Vasco road. This is the only port in Norcal that I am aware of unless they have more than one.

Back