• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BC Forged RS-43's

I promised to post pictures of these wheels when they came in, so here you go. Unfortunately they had to wait until brakes and tires came in, but here's a sneak preview of the RS-43's in gunmetal with the new Stoptech Trophy Sport brakes. Big thanks to Brandon (GT Theory) for the help getting these custom wheels.

20141117_120754.jpg

The car is being worked on by the fine folks at Track Spec Autosports in Fremont, CA. I'm out of town, so this teaser will have to do for now. (plus it's all I've seen so far too)

The rears are more concave than these fronts. More pics to come as the car is buttoned up with all the other goodies she's getting (non-compliance gear, headers, etc.

I got a chance to weigh them before they had tires mounted. The fronts are 16lbs, the rears are 19lbs. That's more than a full pound lighter at each corner than my OEM 02+ wheels.

What do you think?

Here you go:
Fronts: 17x8 +45 (light concave)
Rears: 18x9.5 +40 (medium concave)

I bought these as part of GT Theory's special sale on custom BC Forged monoblock wheels. Very happy with the quality of the wheels.

Wow, so 17x8 +45 clear StopTech calipers without spacers?

Interesting...

Here you go:
Fronts: 17x8 +45 (light concave)
Rears: 18x9.5 +40 (medium concave)

I bought these as part of GT Theory's special sale on custom BC Forged monoblock wheels. Very happy with the quality of the wheels.

No spacers. That was my reason for buying these wheels. As much as I like my 02+ wheels, I didn't want to run spacers at the track. I know that may seem silly to some.

Definitely one of the advantages to custom made wheels.

@ DAYTA: Full kit; front & rear (w/e-brake). I'll be happy to measure clearance when I get home and see the car myself.

@ solidol: Would be happy to show it to you when I get back, or you can check it out at Track Spec Autosports in Fremont before then.

Does the trophy kit come with gold rotor hats or are they custom??

@ solidol: Would be happy to show it to you when I get back, or you can check it out at Track Spec Autosports in Fremont before then.
I'd rather meet you as well. I'm back to town next week and will hit you up on prime. Maybe we can go grab a cup of coffee or something. Thanks

I missed their (Track Spec)'s open house. What kinds of work do they do, anyway?

Well, they're doing a header install, all non-compliance gear, BBK install, tire mounting, alignment, corner balance and a few other items on my car right now. I've been dealing with Jon primarily but also met Larry during the open house. They're both passionate co-owners.

I'm very meticulous about who works on my cars and they seem to have put together a great shop that will likely become the go-to NSX service and install location in the Bay Area. The shop is very clean and their pride in the craft is apparent. They're very attentive to detail and aim to do the job right vs. fast. Pay them a visit and see for yourself.

Well, they're doing a header install, all non-compliance gear, BBK install, tire mounting, alignment, corner balance and a few other items on my car right now. I've been dealing with Jon primarily but also met Larry during the open house. They're both passionate co-owners.

I'm very meticulous about who works on my cars and they seem to have put together a great shop that will likely become the go-to NSX service and install location in the Bay Area. The shop is very clean and their pride in the craft is apparent. They're very attentive to detail and aim to do the job right vs. fast. Pay them a visit and see for yourself.

Good to hear. Everyone who worked on my car (except Justin and his awesome team of techs at Acura Fremont) has retired or moved out of the area so it's always good to have good options. :smile:

Back