• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner Intro from MD

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd introduce myself to the NSX community. Like many others I've been lurking around on this forum for years.

Finally last Sunday I flew out to Denver, Colorado from Maryland and purchased a clean Formula Red 1994 NSX. Searching for a car wasn't as easy as I thought it would be, I came across many that were very appealing until I checked the history, you'd be surprised how many NSX have been in accidents at some point in their life. Anyways I was given a tip by one of my friends who knew of a Formula Red in Colorado (1700 miles from MD).

At first I immediately ruled it out because of the distance, and the price was at the higher end of my budget, but after a couple weeks of not finding anything locally or even within 500 miles that I liked (my only 3 requirements were Formula Red, no accidents, and 5 speed manual) , I decided to start looking into it. The car wasn't actually advertised anywhere, it was more of a word of mouth deal. The seller was completely honest and up front about everything which made me feel comfortable enough to book a flight and a week later have him pick me up from Denver International Airport.

When I landed in Denver it was about 18 degrees and there was snow on the ground. The owner barely drove the car and it had never seen snow or even rain under his 10 years of ownership which made me feel bad, but we drove for about 10 minutes to a nearby parking lot where I finally was able to get out and see the NSX inside and out, this had been the first time I've even sat in an NSX before so I really didn't know what to expect.

The owner of this car owned a reputable shop in his home town south of denver, and he knew his shit. I really mean it when I say he spared no expense with his build and that is the main reason I decided to buy this car.

It's currently making 400whp (capable of much more) on the APX turbo kit with a ton of extra goodies.

Almost everything on the car was purchased from SOS including suspension, wheels, and a bunch of boost related accessories.

The car is scheduled to arrive on Friday or Saturday from Colorado, as soon as I get it I'll be spending a good 2 days doing some paint correction (machine polishing, swirl removing, nothing wild) and getting it up to my standards.

On Monday its off to Freed Engineering for a tuning session since the elevation here in MD is much different than Colorado. I plan to keep it around the same HP except with much less boost, since I dont really trust myself with a ton of power. I might even be parting with FI and already have a couple people who are interested in it but I haven't decided which route to go yet.

I'd like to thank the previous owner Denny for driving 2 hours to get me from the airport, and making this happen, and a friend in Colorado who let me keep the car at his house until the shipping carrier picked it up the next day, as well as Xavier and other owners who helped me make an informed decision! I'd also like to thank my friend Jose for giving me the heads up about the car.

I hope to see you all at local events when the weather gets nicer and see what NSX prime is all about :wink:

Here are some pics of my old S2000, and my new (to me) 94 NSX

Thanks for reading!

photo_zps39ffa0de.jpg

image1_zps827be603.jpeg

acd64698-9721-4525-943b-444ea7c8653d_zpsca2bbea9.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome and congrads on your purchase! Hope to catch you at one of the meets!

-Jason

Hey Brother - Welcome to the 94 red club.
No - I will not race you.
But - after your statement "but after a couple weeks of not finding anything" - you do not really know the angst of want.
Looks like the perfect buy - unlisted - word of mouth.
As others would say - check maintenance history - or get the work done if unsure (esp tb/wp thing)
Then have some fun.

Best wishes on your new ride - Al

Congrats on the purchase! Definitely be cautious of that turbo, with this cold air we have the car will generate a LOT of power and once a NSX lets go it can be messy. Be safe and keep that nice looking car nice for a long time. I look forward to seeing you around the area.

If you haven't already joined the DC area facebook page, feel free to ping me. Xavier, Jose or any of the other locals should be able to walk you through it.

Thanks for the warm welcome and advice, I'll definitely look into joining the facebook group!

Another /94 Formula Red owner here. Congrats and enjoy. Mine is stock except for /04 header to muffler system. Thanks for that pic -- now I am going to have to upgrade to NA2 rear valence -- looks really good -- much better than NA1 valence!

I suggest that you keep that turbo for a while and see how you like it next driving season. Try a NA1 without FI before you part with the turbo system. I would not spend the dough to FI my car at this point (I have decided that if I need something with more HP/TQ I'll move into a more modern sports car) but I have driven a NA2 with Comptech S/C -- those additional 50 or whatever HP and TQ make quite a difference. IMHO makes the car much more entertaining to drive. Had the car I bought been so equipped I would be hard pressed to remove it.

Welcome to the NSX family.

Thanks everyone! I got the car today, washed and vacuumed and now I cant stop looking at it. Its amazing how different these cars look in pictures and in person

Congratulations!

Last edited:
Back