• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michelin Pilot Super Sport-let them know if you would be interested

It was time for new tires so I was again disappointed in our selection (17f 18r). I've been running Yoko ADVAN Neova AD08's which I like alot except for the tread life. I was hoping to try the Michelin Pilot Super Sport but of course the 215/40-17 isn't offered (265/35-18 is). I left an email request at their site but the response was kind of lacking. If more folks would send a request to Michelin maybe we could get them to produce our sizes. Here is the link: http://www.michelinman.com/contact-us.page

I ended up going with the Yokohama again.

pss (pun intended) they sent me a chance to win an iPad for doing an online survey after I said I wasn't perfectly happy with their response to my request.

Last edited:
done did.i have pss's on my other car and love them.

I've been running Yoko ADVAN Neova AD08's which I like alot except for the tread life. I was hoping to try the Michelin Pilot Super Sport but of course the 215/40-17 isn't offered (265/35-18 is).
Since you're looking for the Michelin Pilot Super Sport - something with better treadlife than the AD08, with excellent performance albeit not quite at the level of the AD08 - I recommend either the Kumho Ecsta LE Sport or the Pirelli P Zero Nero GT. Both are outstanding tires, and very reasonably priced, too. Both are available in 215/40-17 for the NSX front; the Kumho is available in either 255/35-18 or 265/35-18 for the rear (either of which works fine with the 215/40-17 front), the Pirelli only in 255/35-18 rear.

Ken recommended the Kumho tires to me and they are GREAT...........I've taken them through the paces and they stick very well and only once gave way a bit when the car was unloaded and grabbed really quick once the slide stopped............I'm very happy with them!!

Ken recommended the Kumho tires to me and they are GREAT...........I've taken them through the paces and they stick very well and only once gave way a bit when the car was unloaded and grabbed really quick once the slide stopped............I'm very happy with them!!
Good to hear. They are defintely reasonably priced for a set of 17/18 rims. I just ordered a set of Volk CE28N's in 17/18 so I'll be needing new tires in 215/40-17 & 255/35-18 sizes. I am debating on getting the Kumho LE's vs. spending alot more money for AD08R's or Direzza II's.

I am debating on getting the Kumho LE's vs. spending alot more money for AD08R's or Direzza II's.
Keep in mind that the Kumho Ecsta LE Sport not only costs less than those two, but will probably last longer (more miles) as well, so they are a better value both ways. OTOH if you're looking for the absolute best traction and you're willing to pay more to get it, then the other two are a better choice (the LE Sport is very good, but the other two are even better). That's the trade-off, and it's up to you to decide which is more important to you.

Keep in mind that the Kumho Ecsta LE Sport not only costs less than those two, but will probably last longer (more miles) as well, so they are a better value both ways. OTOH if you're looking for the absolute best traction and you're willing to pay more to get it, then the other two are a better choice (the LE Sport is very good, but the other two are even better). That's the trade-off, and it's up to you to decide which is more important to you.
I have 3 months to make up my mind waiting on the Volks to be built. Based on this test are the Sumitomo's better than the LE? Thanks for your expertise.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=149

Likewise. I have been on them since the summer and they are great. I would still prefer to run the Pilot Super Sports but until & unless those come out in the correct size, the Ecsta LE Sport has been awesome.

Likewise. I have been on them since the summer and they are great. I would still prefer to run the Pilot Super Sports but until & unless those come out in the correct size, the Ecsta LE Sport has been awesome.

+1. These have been great so far, and tread life has been awesome even with me daily driving the car! my only - is that are a little pulled on my Advan RSII's (17/18's)

Back