• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rob Ferretti one month update of his 2014 nsx

A little repetitive and dull. Seems like he should have rehearsed what he was going to say rather than just rambling along.

Rob is great guy but his definition of fast is a little bit broken. It's cornering machine and not a drag car. Never was and never will in oem trim.

Rob is great guy but his definition of fast is a little bit broken. It's cornering machine and not a drag car. Never was and never will in oem trim.
Compared to say an Aventador, the NSX isn't fast. I tend to call it "quick" and that satisfies most people. It lacks that throw you back in the seat power that is common in many modern cars and that is a problem for many people.

Compared to say an Aventador, the NSX isn't fast. I tend to call it "quick" and that satisfies most people. It lacks that throw you back in the seat power that is common in many modern cars and that is a problem for many people.
Compared to boss 302 it's not fast. Compared to z06 it's not fast. Not fast in the straight line. Comparing nsx to aventador is funny. I like to drive slow car fast much more than fast car fast. Part of the reason I bought my third s2000. In nsx I need to be in triple digits to get sensation of speed similar to s2000 under 90. Sure those 150+ mph runs are different thrills. But good luck at court.

Also let problem for some become joy for someone else :)

Bring Gordon Murray, (Chief Engineer of McLaren F1 and Caparo T1) in and he will give us completely different review.
This guy needs to get a Bugatti Veyron or so called 1000+hp hypercars.

His entire review sounded like an average joe reviewing Miata.

I don't know why he had to repeat multiple times how slow NSX was. He probably has little to no understanding of NSX's history, how it changed supercar market, etc.
He has no appreciation whatsoever just because it's SLOW. It wasn't even made for straight line performance to begin with.

So many supercars are SLOW, just like Ferrari Dino, 512BB, Lamborghini Miura and even Dodge Viper RT10. But that doesn't mean they had no heritage/history or what kind of impact they made to the supercar industry later on.

Last edited:
I've found the majority of the general public that has no prior knowledge of the NSX thinks the car is twice as fast as it really is. Good looks can be misleading.

I think his assessment is very honest, and I agree with a lot of things that he says. It's not like he doesn't like the car, but he is not completely blown away by it. I can understand that given the fleet of cars that he owns.

maybe his experience and review would be a little different if it wasnt a salvage. who knows. The NSX isnt super fast, i agree with that, but its fast enough for me

maybe his experience and review would be a little different if it wasnt a salvage. who knows. The NSX isnt super fast, i agree with that, but its fast enough for me

+1. I drove that car last year and I must say that I would be afraid of driving it fast.

+1. I drove that car last year and I must say that I would be afraid of driving it fast.
with that being said...Am i the only one here that thinks it's a bit of an insult to the NSX community to advertise a review on a salvage NSX without disclosing it to the public as one..?? just my .02

Interesting -the salvage repairs were that noticeable when driving it? I thought macninja did a pretty solid rebuild

The car didn't feel very solid if you know what I mean. I met John, macninja and even he said "it wasn't one of his best but it still turned out pretty good for what it was". That car has massive frame damage and welded frame rails plus on top of that it's high milage, I don't remember exactly but somewhere in 50-80k range. Definitely not a collector car if you know what I mean ;)

Given that he owes Ferrari's and such and have driven high HP Supra's and other exotic cars, I can see where he feels the NSX is slow in comparison to those cars in stock form. That doesn't bother me. The only issue I have is how Rob keeps saying he doesn't want to modify the NSX because its not mod friendly and he doesn't want to turbocharge it because it will hurt reliability and STILL BE SLOW. I would agree reliability would come down a bit, but I know turbocharged NSX's that will indeed outrun that Aventador that he keeps talking about and is daily driven, so reliability is still better or on par with the rest of those exotics he talk about. Now if he is talking about being slow because it cant get over 200 MPH, well I guess no argument there.

with that being said...Am i the only one here that thinks it's a bit of an insult to the NSX community to advertise a review on a salvage NSX without disclosing it to the public as one..?? just my .02

If that example really is as bad as you say, then I think he really should put a disclaimer on it. Also when he says a turbo'd nsx will still not be that fast, I think he meant a stock bottom end turbo'd nsx. To him it would be as fast in a straight line as a stock GTR which will get blown away by a stock aventator. Either way, everyone has a different definition of fast.

Chime in Rob. We all know you're a member. Many questions to answer

- - - Updated - - -

Road and Track and Car and Driver make $ selling advertising on their sites and magazines test driving cars. Super Speedsters has the same revenue stream. Could you imagine these reputable publications doing a review on a total loss example of anything?? Sorry but this is shady and pisses me off as thousands of people will watch this crappy video. Have a great weekend :)

I think you all are being a little sensitive. The NSX is *relatively* slow by modern standards. I have no problem with an honest review that states that. Modifications *do* impact reliability, how much they impact it is due to how well the work is done and sometimes just dumb luck.

I think he captured the other aspects of the car well - the complete package makes it great to drive & own. Honestly, I just have a critique from a production stand point - he was repetitive and a bit unfocused. The video could have been 1/2 the length and conveyed the same information. He also could have done with a little bit of fact checking and stronger information. For the off hand comment about it having the same engine as a Civic is pretty weak and simply makes him appear uneducated about the vehicle. As for the "fart can", well swap out that aftermarket exhaust and you are done. I think that he doesn't come across as a valid auto enthusiast with his juvenile tendencies and poor script, but maybe that is his "niche" so what do I know. As for me, I will go with people who have a little stronger chops.

And.... I know several owners personally with 600+ HP that beat them regularly with little to no reliability issues. No need to refinance the house for a major service either. I'm sure most of you will concur :)

Last edited:
Sure, NSX is slow for today's standard, but it was FASTER than Chevrolet Corvette, Porsche 911, Lotus Esprit, Lamborghini Diablo, Ferrari 348, etc.

Acura NSX:
0-60mph: 4.5 seconds
1/4 mile: 12.9 seconds

Lamborghini Diablo:
0-60mph: 4.5 seconds
1/4 mile: 13.3 seconds
http://www.supercars.net/cars/951.html

Back