• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Blanket

Decided to make a car cover for my NSX. It's more of a dust cover really, since the car is down for a few months. Simple, and looks kinda cool.

Mike B

Clean Sebring you got there! I'm guessing you store it at work part time (I do the same):wink:

What kind of fabric is that and where to get?

Here is another option, especially in event of unexpected rain. Plus these work well if you are having your NSX transported, especially if your car is placed on the lower level in a trailer where oil drips might be a concern.

http://www.thecarcover.com/disposable-plastic-car-covers

Mine was stored in winter by the prior owner with light painter's type plastic for years before I got it, seemed to work well.

photo46.JPG
[/IMG]

Decided to make a car cover for my NSX. It's more of a dust cover really, since the car is down for a few months. Simple, and looks kinda cool.

Mike B

Any chance you could hook up with Arista so he could stop by with a camera & the right spokesmodel type to pull off the cover & unveil the NSX come springtime?

The only downside to painters plastic is there is no elastic on the lower half to keep it connected to the car. Open that garage on a windy day, say good bye to the plastic sheeting. :) Ask me how I know.

Thanks guys. It's my live/work/mancave space :smile:

Clean Sebring you got there! I'm guessing you store it at work part time (I do the same):wink:
What kind of fabric is that and where to get?

Thanks stonesonsilver. It's fabric I got from some friends who make women's clothing. A heavier silky fabric with 4 way stretch. The weight keeps it in place really nice, and it feels quality. Not sure how well it'll do against dust. I chose it mainly cause it was free. Beats spending $$$ on a nice cover.

Any chance you could hook up with Arista so he could stop by with a camera & the right spokesmodel type to pull off the cover & unveil the NSX come springtime?

Who's Arista? I'm up for some model photo action.
I can't wait for the first time to whip the cover off to unveil the NSX. Straight out of a movie style.

Mike B

Nice matching mk1 insight - would love to get one of those as a commuter car.

Thanks, they're great cars and still cheap. There are about as many Gen1 Insights in the world as there are NSXs, so they're slowly going up in price.

If you're interested in learning more about the car, insightcentral.net is a great forum. They're more fanatical than NSX owners!

Mike B

Just curious as to why the "car is down for a few months??
Aren't you in California???:confused:

Just curious as to why the "car is down for a few months??
Aren't you in California???:confused:

Had a coolant hose burst. Can't devote the time or money to refreshing the car how I'd like. That includes all new hoses and full sensor/warning sensor setup.

Your garage is cleaner than my bedroom

Hah, that goes for the both of us. I like to keep things neat when possible.

Mike B

I've got the SOS cover and works great. Wow - grew up on South Denker in Gardena way back in mid 1960's. Then moved to Palos Verdes. Miss the great weather there!! Nice cover and beautiful car.

I've got the SOS cover and works great. Wow - grew up on South Denker in Gardena way back in mid 1960's. Then moved to Palos Verdes. Miss the great weather there!! Nice cover and beautiful car.

I was considering the SOS cover; looks really nice. Just didn't want to spend the moneys. Once I refresh the car, it won't sit long enough to need a cover ;)

Very cool. I'm told that Gardena isn't like it used to be. I'm here on Normandie/Rosecrans. The weather is still really nice, and PV is even nicer. Too bad PV is so far from the freeways. So much traffic in Los Angeles area nowadays, I dread driving during most daytime hours and even part of the night. The NSX needs room to breath! VA has some beautiful winding roads made just for that.

Mike B

Last edited:
Hey Larry! Just saw your post now.

The Recaros didn't fit me like I had hoped, so I ended up reselling them. I still have the Takatas and harness bar. They're waiting for seats. Looking for Recaro RS-G's. They're my favorite seats.

Mike B

My wife made this tool blanket for the car over the winter.. about $100.00 fabric and few chores around the house it cost me:smile:

20150221_112507.jpg20150221_112428.jpg

Last edited:
That was the first test fit. But perhaps it will more or less used as a conversation piece at car shows .. But it does help protect against belt buckets & jacket zippers scratches..

Last edited:
My wife made this tool blanket for the car over the winter.. about $100.00 fabric and few chores around the house it cost me:smile:

Very cool! Thanks for sharing. I've been trying to find one of the mechanics covers from Honda, but they're rare to come across. Your wife did a great job. I'll try making myself one.

Mike B

I got this one from George at Top Speed Pro 1, fits excellent. I picked this up 2 years ago and his price was around $180.00, but that wa 2 years ago.

-203892765323B95D2E.png

91 NSX Red/Black

I think fabric is a better material to minimize scratching than the OE and repro vinyl - much better. The good part about the OE service mat is that it's so heavy, nothing moves it.

Back