• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rocket Bunny NSX at SEMA 2014

I agree with Shrink it looks like a 8 year old kid using some LEGO Car DESIGN program on his leapfrog LOL

the front is not bad seen worse but the rear, well it looks like s concept car Corvette made before they decided to go with the current stroke victim look... nasty

- - - Updated - - -

sema-2014-rocket4.jpg

sema-2014-rocket7.jpg

I've said this before, my car goes "cha-ching" as it's value increases everytime another NSX goes to the extreme with mods. And calling it Rocket Bunny? Maybe I'm just an old dude but, I don't get it. Now, I'm not against modding an NSX and there are some nice ones out there. But, IMO, this isn't one of them. Maybe it's the wrap that distorts the car's lines. That said, I do appreciate the work that went into this car.

I think the wrap hides any ability for me to judge this. I simply can't get past how atrocious the blue foil wrap is. The kit is wild, so the color scheme needs to be more subtle by design. The owner was told the kit was reversible, which of course it is not. He was semi-forced to go along with his sponsors and sat back and and swallowed his tongue, so I don't blame him for the outcome. But dear mother of pearl, that foil is like glow in the dark fecal matter! Make it stop!

I tend to think that it might look great if the color were toned down, but I personally think that Miura-san botched the side skirts. Compared to his other kits, these just don't make any sense to me and they seem utterly incomplete. For the record, I love the rear quarters and back end. LOVE THEM. Bullet Proof Automotive has announced preorder for $20G's. That is some serious ca$h for a kit where you will have to hack the rear 10" off your perfectly appreciating NSX, destroying any chance at resale outside of a very select few, and at a total loss. I think a lot of guys will claim to want this kit, but there will be few actual takers. Especially since the "scene" is already Rocket Bunnied out from the droves of Toyabarus rocking his kit, plus the obligatory copy cats, not to mention how all his kits tend to look the same.

I was never a fan of the RB kits (or the LW kits for that matter) because of the way the flares are just bolted on. They always remind of bushwacker flares on lifted trucks. With that said, this one has the flares molded in, which does not make me throw up in mouth.

Questions I've asked before, but never got an answer to.

Would this kit improve or degrade the performance of the car? Assuming they added enough power to justify the wide body/tires, would it scream around a track with 10,000 pounds of downforce or would it completely fly apart as it passed 100 MPH? How much weight did all that stuff add to the car? Is it now a real race car or a pig of a poser?

Tra Kyoto does race many of their cars if that matters at all. The easy way to answer one question is to find out the total weight of the kit, then the weight of all the parts removed during the build. I used to bash Veilside owners for the same thing, until I was shown that the weight of the Veilside kit was substantially less than the OEM aluminum. Who knew?! But even if the car magically performed better at the track, the slightest damage is now to a $20G body kit. Who is going to take that chance? That's ridiculous.

I was there.. talked to Kei and showed him my wide body kit, which he liked. The RB kit has 70 parts and requires the rear get chopped. That's the problem with his kit. Nobody really would want to chop their frame I think, but if somebody wants to, all power to them. I actually think aftermarket is good for cars. It freshens up a model and sparks conversation about it - something that no one would discuss unless somebody brought something new to the table.

He should contract Elton John to do a theme song................or not.

a5056e8cea8e11a954da11de15cc6868.jpg

My biggest issue with this is how he cut the rear. I love the car but the long tail design is what makes the nsx unique among mid engine supercars.

Back