• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Crankshaft Pully replacement parts

Falcon Heights, MN - no Falcons - no Heights
I am replacing my crankshaft pulley - I was going to order the following:
13811-PR7-A02 / PULLEY, CRANKSHAFT
90019-PR7-A01 / BOLT-WASHER (16X49)
90704-PH7-000 / KEY, SPECIAL

<col style="width: 452pt;" width="602"> <tbody>
</tbody>

Anything else I need (other than larger arms).

Thanks (again) - Al

My small arms work fine with my 3/4" Drive impact gun that delivers +700ft.lbs reverse torque;)....

Thanks Ralph:)

A 3/4" drive socket, extensions and breaker bar work fine -- as long as you slip a 4 or 5' pipe over the breaker bar. Of course, you also need to hold the pulley in place with the special tool, because you don't want the crank to ever, ever turn counterclockwise.

The bolt can make a noise that sounds like it may have snapped off (detailed in the timing belt replacement wiki article). Then, it turns nice and easy after that and your heart starts beating again. Been there, done, that.

Well, Page 6-14 of the Shop Manual and much of what I've read on Prime says that could cause the timing belt to jump a tooth. When I replaced my timing belt, I could see how that would be possible, but didn't let my curiosity get the best of me and try it.

I'm sure it might take more than a few degrees of rotation to cause the belt to skip. But, based on how slowly I work, I'm not in the mood to spend many hours correcting the problem if the belt did jump a tooth.:wink:

Last edited:
Back